IT is to ensure that employees of the company have simple, but controlled access to the required IT tools, services, resources and information to do their work.
Client Experience IT Analyst (CE ITA) is responsible for providing end user support as part of the CE Team and ensuring that corporate standards of security, hardware and software platforms are met. CE ITA is expected to be the face of IT and to take ownership of user requests. This may involve working with System Administrators and Development teams to resolve or escalate issues.
Participation in on-call rotation after hours within the team and logging all the troubleshooting activities are mandatory.
Be ready to accept pages during weekends (while on call) and work on them instantaneously.
- Triaging and troubleshooting user requests and alerts from IT infrastructure systems: assessing the case, collecting all the required data for either troubleshooting or escalation up the chain. Owning and following up the tickets till their resolution.
- To build and maintain trustful relationship between user community and IT
- To encourage users to share which IT services they have troubles with and what IT services they want, collect and analyse that information, generate feature requests and infrastructure changes based on that.
- To do daily routines checking infrastructure status
- To recognize typical issues or requests and work towards reducing their amounts by educating employees and by creating FAQ articles
- RCA (root cause analysis): to analyse incoming requests and alerts in order to discover problem that causing them and escalate accordingly
- Looking for ways to make the usage of IT services simpler
- To discover inconsistencies in complying with corporate standards of security, hardware and software platforms and work with the staff to fix those
- Continuously learn IT Services, technologies used, internal procedures and policies of the company
- Documenting and keeping up-to-date internal IT procedures, Internal IT Ops FAQ
- Configuring your own desktop, software and services, attending meeting, logging your activities
- Other tasks requested by your manager
- Administration of Windows, Linux (Desktop and Server OS)
- Experience with TCP/IP networks and with DNS, DHCP, SMTP, FTP, CIFS, NFS
- Experience with Active Directory
- Experience with monitoring systems like Nagios
- VPN, IPSec, Linux based Firewalls
Desired Technologies and Frameworks
- Linux based Web servers
- Google Apps
- Administration of Mac
- ITIL, Cobit, PMP, Prince2
- Ability to work effectively 40 hours a week
- Team player;
- Leadership: if you know there is a problem, don't wait till you got told to look at it;
- Will and ability to learn required technology;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to explain technical matter for non-technical people;
- Excellent English language;
- Strong troubleshooting skills;
- Attention to details;
- Ability to take ownership of the issue till the resolution;
- To be very organized: deal with requests in a timely manner and able to prioritize concurrent requests;
- Ability to collect, document and share your knowledge and experience with your colleagues.
- Knowledge and understanding of network security
DISCLAIMER: An equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered. Pythian is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a security check.