DevOps Cloud Software Developer
Pythian is a global IT services company that specializes in designing, implementing, and managing systems that directly contribute to revenue and business success. We help companies adopt disruptive technologies to advance innovation and increase agility. Our highly skilled technical teams work as an integrated extension of our clients’ organizations to deliver continuous transformation and uninterrupted operational excellence.
Pythian is seeking a devops cloud software developer that will serve as a technical contributor to Pythian's Software-Defined Enterprise (SDE). The developer will work as part of an agile continuous delivery team and collaborate with architects, designers, senior developers, operators, project managers, and others to help deliver product capabilities and features.
- Working within the Development team, working closely with Operations teams to develop and implement automated CICD pipeline
- Write code, write tests, research, analyse, and become an expert in cutting-edge technologies, frameworks, architecture and design
- Move fast: look for new ideas, quickly prototype, A/B test, and move to production
- Work with development and project management teams to define user story acceptance criteria during a sprint, break down complex stories into tasks, and estimate, plan and deliver
- Interact with architects, UX, and Ops. Participate in architecture, design, and review meetings
- Assume various agile development and DevOps roles as required
- Be up-to-date with development trends, cloud technologies, open source, and best practices
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members on all aspects of development and process
- Expertise with DevOps tooling for development (Docker, Vagrant), orchestration (Kubernetes, Google, or AWS cloud) and deployment (Ansible, Puppet, Chef) is a must
- Experience in production deployments on IaaS (AWS, GCE or Azure) is mandatory
- Experience with DevOps practices and tools
- Experience with variety of SQL (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Hibernate/ORM) and/or NoSQL databases (Cassandra, Mongo, RethinkDB, ElasticSearch)
- Experience with Kanban, Scrum and/or other agile development methodologies
- Adept at evaluating open source frameworks, commercial frameworks and technology options
- Desire to work in a fast paced, deadline driven, start up environment
- Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written
Education: Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related degree (or equivalent experience in software engineering)
- Outstanding people: Collaborate with the industry’s top minds.
- Substantial training allowance: Hone your skills or learn new ones; participate in professional development days.
- Office Allowance: Purchase a device of your choosing and personalise your work environment
- Fun, fun, fun: Get social every Friday with some refreshments and edible delights, blog during work hours; take a day off and volunteer for your favorite charity
Intrigued to see what it is like to work at Pythian or check us out @Pythian and #pythianlife.
Stay connected with us! Follow @PythianJobs on Twitter and @loveyourdata on Instagram!
- An equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered.
- Pythian is an equal opportunity employer.
- All applicants will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check.