Technical Project Manager
Pythian is a global IT services company that specializes in designing, implementing, and managing systems that directly contribute to revenue and business success. We help companies adopt disruptive technologies to advance innovation and increase agility. Our highly skilled technical teams work as an integrated extension of our clients’ organizations to deliver continuous transformation and uninterrupted operational excellence.
Pythian is looking for a Technical Project Manager responsible for the projects within the Managed Services Organization. The ideal candidate is a customer obsessed, creative, demonstrated technical leader and hands-on contributor with superior project management, problem solving, technical, communication, cross-organizational leadership skills.
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery
- Perform risk management on projects
- Be an excellent communicator with great stakeholder management skills
- Interface with engineering teams and client teams for project requirements and scope
- Interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team
- Work closely with Product Management & Engineering teams both within Pythian & Clients and provide strategic insights to define & improve product features
- Provide technical leadership to the project team, drive closure of technical issues by working with the managed services teams and client teams
- Develop metrics to monitor project performance and bring in best practices and champion process improvement initiatives across the organization
- Play the role of a key advisor to the managed services teams
- Have a good understanding of Architectural patterns and implementations
- Motivate and guide highly technical Database Administrators and Service Reliability Engineers
- Other duties as assigned by one’s Manager
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in Information Technology
- 4 to 5 years of project management experience in various open source and cloud technologies such as MySQL, Cassandra, MongoDB
- Experience in managing Agile projects. Leading Sprint Planning, Retrospective, Sprint Goals, Demo’s, etc.
- Exposure towards systems engineering, software engineering and contribution towards technical solution discussions
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives and c-level leaders in the company
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Engineering or a related technical discipline is preferred
- PMP / Agile CSM Certified
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their manager and in compliance with local and federal laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities and aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.