Director, Support Services
Job Location: Ottawa, ON (office-based)
Reports to: Vice President, Technology Services
Department: Support Services
Founded in 1997, Pythian is a global IT services company that helps businesses adopt disruptive technologies to advance innovation and increase agility. Our consulting, implementation and managed services solutions help businesses realize value from their data assets, accelerate software delivery, and enjoy more reliable, scalable IT systems. Pythian’s Platform Business is focused on productizing and scaling this expertise by orders of magnitude.
As the Director of Support Services, you will be responsible for managing a 24x7 service desk team that provides exceptional support to our internal Pythian users. You will be responsible for running and managing technical customer service operations and maintaining the team’s service performance against our internally defined service level agreements. You will be part of our technology business leadership, leveraging your strong leadership capabilities, expertise, and enthusiasm to collaborate on achieving Pythian’s vision and goals. Your strong passion for outstanding client satisfaction will ensure the team continues to deliver world class services to our user base.
- Manage a service desk team that provides outstanding support to Pythian’s internal client base.
- Build and maintain a team of talented resources by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe and secure work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Establish IT department goals, objectives and operating procedures.
- Ensure that all the tasks are done in a timely manner and internal SLA’s are met.
- Ensure that proper values and objectives are communicated down to the team.
- Maintain positive climate and high morale within the team.
- Encourage staff collaboration within the team.
- Ensure that team has enough staff to meet business needs.
- Ensure that team has proper tools for work.
- Ensure that staff expertise is relevant and up to date and to encourage professional development in general.
- To ensure that team processes and documentation are up-to-date; develop, improve, and document internal processes.
- Maintain effective communication and cooperation with other business units.
- Prepare the team on-call schedule.
- Maintain overview of service request queue as a whole and follow up on long lasting cases and high-priority ones
- Set the team direction, general approach, objectives, vision and promoting them within the team, looking for the effective ways to ensure that they are adopted by the team.
- Define and manage internal and cross functional projects to ensure objectives are achieved in a timely manner.
- Create and manage technical budgets, identifying cost reduction strategies, and providing business justifications and the cost-benefit analysis for technology expenditures that will support business strategies and objectives in the short run as well as long term.
- Develop service levels based on service value and business outcome. Measure and strengthen performance of IT services through a set of metrics (key performance indicators) and reporting.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical field
- 5-10 years of experience in IT industry
- Previous experience managing 24x7 service desk team with large user base and experience in technical customer service operations
- Excellent analytical abilities with experience successfully managing team KPI’s
- Exceptional and world class customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Experience managing service desk software
- Experience with Jira is considered an asset
An equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered. Pythian is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check.