Product Marketing Manager - Reliable, Scalable IT
Does This Sound Like You?
Community minded? Inspired by ever-shifting challenges, constant growth and collaboration with a team of peers who push you constantly to up your game? At Pythian, we are actively shaping what it means to be a Product Marketing Manager, and we want you to be a part of our global team of professionals.
Pythian is a global IT services company that specializes in designing, implementing, and managing systems that directly contribute to revenue and business success. We help companies adopt disruptive technologies to advance innovation and increase agility. Our highly skilled technical teams work as an integrated extension of our clients’ organizations to deliver continuous transformation and uninterrupted operational excellence.
- Flexible environment: Work remotely from your home!
- Outstanding people: Collaborate with the industry’s top minds around the world!
- Substantial training allowance: Every year you are provided with a self-directed budget and two professional development days so you can hone your skills or learn new ones! So experiment and explore!
- Fun, fun, fun: Blog during work hours; take a day off and volunteer for your favorite charity #giveback.
Overview: As a Product Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for the marketing activities related to Pythian’s reliable, scalable IT offerings including cloud and database consulting services. Reporting to the VP Marketing, you'll develop innovative marketing programs and thought leadership content that drive demand. You show exceptional attention to detail, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits for a range of audience types. You will be the expert on our target buyers and their buying criteria and will communicate that knowledge to our sales team.
What does success look like?
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates our solutions in the market
- Thought leadership and content creation - write product descriptions, data sheets, articles, and web content, along with product videos and demos
- Sales enablement – communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales team and develop the sales tools and selling process for our service offerings
- Market/competitive intelligence – provide expertise on buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria; provide expertise on competitors and how to crush them
- Demand generation – develop the strategy and manage the marketing programs that drive demand for your products
- Develop and execute marketing strategies with a goal of driving acquisition, lifting conversion rates, increasing engagement to ultimately growing revenue
- Develop and execute go-to-market strategies including targeting, positioning, messaging and pricing
- Working closely with Product Management, Digital Marketing and technical teams, you will develop campaigns to drive sales of our service solutions
Up for the Task?
If you think you are up for it, reach out to us and prove it! Bottom line, we want to see your passion and dedication! We look for people who are so passionate about this that they dream about it! We recognize you can’t (most likely), which is why we offer a solid total rewards package. Talent recognizes talent.
- 10+ years of product marketing experience in the IT sector or 5-10 years technical experience as a DBA, cloud and/or IT expert, complemented by exceptional communication and writing skills and a desire and ability to learn about product marketing on the job
- Proven written communication skills
- Very comfortable producing content that communicates highly technical information to a range of audiences - from business and IT executives to IT technical professionals
- Demonstrated comfort with marketing highly technical services solutions
- In-depth knowledge of marketing principles and practices such as the 4 Ps of marketing
- Ability to interact with staff, colleagues and cross-functional teams, and third parties
- Expertise in Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure
Intrigued to see what it is like to work at Pythian or check us out @Pythian and #pythianlife.
Stay connected with us! Follow @PythianJobs on Twitter and @loveyourdata on Instagram!
- An equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered.
- Pythian is an equal opportunity employer.
- All applicants will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check.