Customer Success Manager
Job Location: Boston / New York / Chicago
Pythian is a global IT services company that specializes in designing, implementing, and managing systems that directly contribute to revenue and business success. We help companies adopt disruptive technologies to advance innovation and increase agility. Our highly skilled technical teams work as an integrated extension of our clients’ organizations to deliver continuous transformation and uninterrupted operational excellence.
- Flexible environment: Work remotely from your home!
- Outstanding people: Collaborate with the industry’s top minds.
- Generous vacation: Start with a minimum 3 weeks’ vacation. New baby? Take an extra 2 weeks.
- Substantial training allowance: Hone your skills or learn new ones; experiment and explore using our in-house sandbox; participate in professional development days.
- Fun, fun, fun: Blog during work hours; join our monthly cheese tastings with our resident cheese sommelier in Ottawa; take a day off and volunteer for your favorite charity.
What does success look like?
As a member of Pythian’s Customer Success team, the Customer Success Manager will lead a number of Pythian customer engagements, promoting the development and execution of quality services in support of the company's goal of providing a superior customer experience, and promoting Pythian’s culture of high performance, continuous learning and customer-focused improvement.
The Customer Success Manager is accountable for the planning, and coordination and leads the delivery of Pythian services to a number of customer engagements; acting as a customer advocate to the internal Pythian organization. The Customer Success Manager is accountable for customer satisfaction achievement and improvement planning, and articulation of value for sustainable business success; The Manager must excel at influencing positive outcomes through creating shared value and collaborative relationships between Pythian and it’s customers. The Manager acts as a champion for the culture of continuous improvement at Pythian - to provide superior customer services and maximize efficiency
CRITERIA FOR SUCCESS
- Be a natural leader who inspires; Be curious and very self-aware
- Have a strategic mindset with practical orientation, enabling business growth
- Capable of translating business requirements into tactical, technical plans and is able to articulate outcomes in both contexts
- Have strong organizational, analytical, problem-solving and project management skills with incredible attention to detail
- Have successfully led delivery of services involving cross functional/cross geography teams
- Have an adaptable and decisive approach to problem solving requiring minimal supervision
- Have a passion for customer service and love to build and grow customer relationships
- Stay in touch with industry trends and associations; bring forward innovation with purpose and passion
- Appreciate and promote diverse points of view, cultures and approaches
- Work independently and is able to be highly productive and self-directed
- Draw on experiences managing and measuring Continual Service Improvement Programs using ITL, CMMI, Six-Sigma and other methodologies to drive excellence into the Delivery organization
- Demonstrate required depth of awareness of related technologies including database management, system management, and Cloud technologies; be able to speak articulately on the topics as appropriate to the role.
- Demonstrate ability to design, implement, facilitate and evaluate Service Delivery Programs and Services, using various methodologies, with experience in service initiation, planning, design, and implementation
- Draw from experiences working in a DevOps environment in a product ownership role
- Draw on experience managing projects from end to end, including defining project scope and managing budgets; Experience managing project finances to established constraints
- Possess deep experience leading Agile and Waterfall-based project delivery
- Proactive approach to project risk and issue management; demonstrate tenacious problem-solving skills
- Be able to influence both customer and internal project resources and hold both accountable for assigned project work
- Consistently deliver results within established project goals; always focused on the desired business outcome
- Work productively and collaboratively in a virtual environment, managing resources in a global delivery model
- Celebrate diverse cultures and approaches; adapt to the most effective management techniques to enable individual excellence and team achievement
- Proactively manage issues before they become serious and high-impact; be able to initiate and lead difficult conversations that are fact-based and outcome-focused
- Solicit and consider all points of view and provide honest and constructive feedback
- Lead executive reviews of service delivery performance; be able to articulate achievements in context of customer business outcome/value
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills and is an effective and empathetic listener
- Demonstrate ability to handle and resolve ambiguous, confidential and sensitive situations and issues
- Draw on extensive experience with managing complex, matrixed relationships as well as experience resolving conflict within company policies
- Demonstrate a high degree maturity, emotional intelligence and empathy; focus on the desired outcome in a blameless, improvement-driven environment
- Support and mentor junior resources; promote team success; be highly accountable for team performance
- Internalize deficits; recognize, articulate and implement meaningful improvement plans that are highly customer-centric
- Contribute regularly to Pythian intellectual capital
- Promote and actively share Pythian achievements and expertise externally; promote Pythian values always
- Lead the delivery, management and assessment of services provided to Pythian’s customers
- Chair regular service status reviews collaboratively with Pythian customers and internal technical resources; “bridge the gap” between technical needs & achievements and business outcomes and impacts
- Manage and coordinate the successful achievement of customer priorities and objectives; proactively manage resource utilization to customer budget
- Coordinate and lead Service Delivery reviews during periodic on-site customer visits
- Lead and facilitate technical working sessions during customer visits to Pythian offices
- Integrate and adapt Pythian processes and services with customer processes to maximize efficiency and value and to identify opportunities for improvement
- Develop and implement service evaluation processes; monitor results to align delivery to cost and quality targets
- Direct internal teams on improvement opportunities and be able to influence the internal organization through articulation of shared goals and outcomes
- Coordinate the generation, review and delivery of customer status reports; analyze the data and articulate meaningful business outcomes and impacts
- Collaborate with Pythian Sales Team on account management reviews and engaging new customers
- Bring forward customer issues proactively for resolution and best-practice sharing amongst the team
- Liaise with the broader organization to ensure awareness of products and service offerings and to leverage the organization’s full capabilities to solve problems
- Contribute to resource planning for customer allotment estimates
- Other duties as assigned by one’s manager
- Occasional off-hours meetings and conference calls, managerial on-call and periodic overtime
- Ability to perform primary job functions while sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers (or skill with adaptive devices) to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other computing equipment
- The incumbent must spend long hours in intense concentration.
- Stress may be caused by the need to complete multiple tasks within tight deadlines
- Ability to switch contexts quickly and often, from customer to customer and from topic to topic with minimal preparation; maintain constant awareness of high-priority issues
- University degree or College diploma in Business Administration, Computer Sciences or related field from an accredited learning institution
- ITIL Foundations Certificate is required
- ITIL Expert Certificate is a plus
- PMP or Prince2 certification is a plus
- Customer Success/Customer Service certifications will be considered
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
Pythian is an equal opportunity employer. An equivalent combination of experience and education, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their manager and in compliance with local and federal laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities and aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
DISCLAIMER: An equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered. Pythian is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a security check.