Senior Product Manager (Digital Platform)
Pythian is a global IT services company that specializes in designing, implementing, and managing systems that directly contribute to revenue and business success. We help companies adopt disruptive technologies to advance innovation and increase agility. Our highly skilled technical teams work as an integrated extension of our clients’ organizations to deliver continuous transformation and uninterrupted operational excellence. Its Platform business is focused on productizing and scaling this expertise by orders of magnitude.
The Senior Product Manager will serve as the key point of contact for our Platform at Pythian, and is accountable for conveying the vision, strategy, objectives, and end-to-end product lifecycle necessary to deliver on the Vela business goals. This includes market needs, product vision and strategy, roadmap creation and communication, release planning, requirements gathering, functional specification all the way through to customer enablement and success.
The Product Manager will collaborate with senior management, product stakeholders, architects, designers, developers, operators, project managers, and others to define and document detailed requirements and specs for products under management. The Product Manager will translate customer requirements and use cases into functional designs. The Product Manager will perform the role of a champion to promote and evangelize the product and new features with marketing, sales, support, professional services, partners, and customers.
This will require occasional travel.
- Collaborate with client stakeholders, engineers and architects resources to understand Vela platform roadmap and priorities
- Work with Pythian stakeholders to analyze and document business problems related to software development and operational excellence
- Prioritize the backlog during planning meetings
- Leverage market analysis, competitive knowledge, and customer research to define product roadmap
- Drive the development of prototypes to validate customer requirements, suggestions and ideas
- Create value, user-centered stories in the product backlog to support development of applications
- Work with development and project management teams to clarify user story acceptance criteria during a sprint
- Serve as a technical resource to use various data to drive product development and backlog
- Present your product and roadmap to customer executives
- Create and deliver compelling demos for internal and external use
- Stay informed with trends and practices in the industry
- Help establish SLAs and technology to support it
- Maintain high availability to the technology operations team throughout the lifecycle of every sprint
- Ability to clearly and concisely gather, interpret, analyze, prioritize and document information
- Adept at understanding client needs and analyzing those needs across stakeholdership to identify the solution.
- Ability to document present realized business value for each software release
- Ability to translate business and technical requirements into the form of Epics and User Stories
- Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written, with internal and external stakeholders at multiple levels
- Ability to document goals, supporting justification in detail in several formats, e.g. slides, spreadsheets, wireframes, diagrams, etc.
- Experience with Kanban, Scrum, or other agile development methodologies as well as tools supporting those practices
- Experience with Design Thinking, user experience and acceptance testing
- Experience with leading public, private and hybrid cloud infrastructures (IaaS, PaaS), technologies and services (AWS, Azure, OpenStack, Docker, etc)
- Experience delivering large-scale server applications and/or micro-services using various languages and frameworks (Java/JEE, Node.js, PHP, Python, Ruby on Rails, …)
- Experience with IT systems, security, database design, and software engineering
EDUCATION: Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Business or related degree (or equivalent experience in software engineering or Application Software-related analyst)
DISCLAIMER: An equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered. Pythian is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check.
- Outstanding people: Collaborate with the industry’s top minds.
- Substantial training allowance: Hone your skills or learn new ones; participate in professional development days.
- Office Allowance: Purchase a device of your choosing and personalise your work environment
- Fun, fun, fun: Get social every Friday with some refreshments and edible delights, blog during work hours; take a day off and volunteer for your favorite charity
Intrigued to see what it is like to work at Pythian or check us out @Pythian and #pythianlife.
Stay connected with us! Follow @PythianJobs on Twitter and @loveyourdata on Instagram!
- An equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered.
- Pythian is an equal opportunity employer.
- All applicants will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check.