Cyber Security Analyst (Ottawa)
Pythian’s security team is growing and looking to add a Cyber Security Analyst in our Ottawa Office.
Our security analysts are responsible for operations and monitoring of Pythian’s security tooling. This includes vulnerability management, security event management and other security monitoring tools.
A key function of this role will be to expand the coverage of our security monitoring and tune our existing alerting to enhance our detection capabilities. The Cyber Security Analyst is also responsible for triaging, investigating and resolving security alerts raised by our monitoring tools.
- Security daily activities to satisfy audit and policy requirements
- To ensure maximum security monitoring coverage of Pythian IT infrastructure
- To run regular vulnerability scans and penetration tests
- To ensure that security monitoring tools are operationally sound
- To review significant security events, initiate corrective actions and track through until completion
- To make sure security procedures are documented properly
- To assess discovered vulnerabilities and misconfigurations, initiate corrective actions and track through until completion
- To learn technologies and products which constitute Pythian IT Infrastructure
- To learn offensive and defensive techniques and tools
- To learn and incorporate relevant IT Security frameworks into Pythian’s IT Security program
- To develop procedures to contain IT security threats and interrupt cyber attacks
- Vulnerability management tools such as: Tenable Security Center, Qualys or OpenVAS
- SIEM tools such as: Tenable LCE, Rapid7 or ELK
- Penetration testing using products such as Kali Linux, Rapid7, Qualys
- Network security systems such as firewalls and IPS systems.
Education and Certificates
- College or university level diploma in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math
- Certifications such as CCNA, Security+ or GSEC
- Technology specific certifications from vendors listed above.