Infrastructure Services Specialist
Pythian is a global IT services company that specializes in designing, implementing, and managing systems that directly contribute to revenue and business success. We help companies adopt disruptive technologies to advance innovation and increase agility. Our highly skilled technical teams work as an integrated extension of our clients’ organizations to deliver continuous transformation and uninterrupted operational excellence.
Do you thrive on solving tough problems—even under pressure? Are you motivated by fast-paced environments with continuous learning opportunities? Do you enjoy collaborating with a team of peers who push you to constantly up your game?
At Pythian, we are building a next-generation Infrastructure Services Specialist team. We need motivated and talented individuals on our teams, and we want you!
You’ll act as a technology leader and advisor for our clients, as well as a mentor for other team members. Projects would include things such as cloud infrastructure architecture, automation, and intelligent monitoring systems from the design phase through the implementation phase.
- Build and maintain Pythian’s AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Help the current team increase cloud knowledge.
- Operate, maintain and administer solutions that contribute to the operational efficiency, availability and visibility of customer infrastructure.
- Planning maintenance activity, design documentation and standard procedures
- Provide Root Cause Analysis reports for outages/incidents (ITIL - Problem Management)
- Observe and provide feedback on the current state of the client’s infrastructure, and identify opportunities to improve resiliency, reduce the occurrence of incidents and automate repetitive administrative and operational tasks.
- Contribute to, improve and maintain team documentation about client systems and infrastructure, procedures, policies and schedules.
- Gather and document information about client environments through audit activities, and analyze the information to identify opportunities for improvement and application of best practices.
- Work collaboratively with team mates to contribute to the continuous improvement of our working culture.
- Act as a technology leader for clients, as well as drive client discussions on technology road maps
- Other duties as assigned by one’s Director
- Experience working with at least one major cloud provider (AWS, Azure, Google for example)
- Experience working on Jira
- Experience deploying cloud based monitoring systems.
- Understanding the end to end operations of a ‘Business System’ vs components
- Comprehensive systems hardware and network troubleshooting experience
- Common Linux distribution platform installation, configuration and performance tuning
- TCP/IP networking, NIC bonding and network services configuration (DNS, NTP, DHCP, SMTP, etc.)
- Operation and administration of virtual infrastructure, including experience with at least one hypervisor (VMware, Hyper-V, KVM, etc.)
- Ability to describe IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, pros and cons of each, use cases for virtualization and cloud
- Administration of web servers and supporting technologies, including network load balancers
- Scripting and automation of administrative tasks using bash, perl, python, ruby, etc.
- Experience with the design, development and deployment of at least one major configuration management framework (i.e. Puppet, Ansible, Chef)
- System and application error investigation, troubleshooting of access/availability issues including deep multi system root cause analysis
- Experience managing networking devices, such as switches and firewalls from a variety of vendors
- Knowledge of DevOps tools, processes, and culture
- Exposure and operational experience with network monitoring systems (NMS)
- Ability to pick up new technologies quickly
Undergraduate degree in computer science, computer engineering, information technology or related field or relevant experience.
- Outstanding people: Collaborate with the industry’s top minds.
- Substantial training allowance: Hone your skills or learn new ones; participate in professional development days.
- Office Allowance: Purchase a device of your choosing and personalize your work environment
- Fun, fun, fun: Get social every Friday with some refreshments and edible delights, blog during work hours; take a day off and volunteer for your favorite charity
Want to know more? Check out this blog post about what it’s like to work at Pythian or check us out @Pythian and #pythianlife.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered.
- Pythian is an equal opportunity employer.
- All applicants will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check.