Australia (Ideally based Melbourne or Sydney will consider remote anywhere in Australia)
Pythian is a global IT services company based in Canada with Offices around the world including Sydney, NSW and a number of remote employees in other cities in Australia. Pythian specializes in designing, implementing, and managing systems that directly contribute to revenue and business success. We help companies adopt disruptive technologies such as advanced analytics, bigdata, cloud, databases, DevOps and infrastructure management to advance innovation and increase agility. We have continued to expand to offer not just services but also to focus on product development leveraging new and exciting technology that will empower our customers through digital transformation. Our highly skilled technical teams work as an integrated extension of our clients’ organizations to deliver continuous transformation and uninterrupted operational excellence. Due to continued growth and success the job of Solutions Architect has arisen in the Australian Transformation Services Team. More than just a job we hire people who love what they do!
As the Solutions Architect you will operate with a high degree of autonomy and have diverse responsibilities that require strong leadership, deep technology skills and a dedication to customer service. The Solutions Architect job has an APAC regional focus and such additional responsibility and impact are expected. Acting with relative autonomy and in collaboration with other APAC regional leaders, you will be expected to provide a regional perspective on how to best address the needs of our customers and to grow our business. You will work with a team (on-site and remotely) or individually to design and implement solutions in technologies such as Microsoft Azure or Googles Cloud Platform; participate in smaller client deliverables such as audits/reviews. Success as a Solutions Architect is measured through customer satisfaction and technical mastery, which lead to additional and deeper engagements with our clients. Through a collaborative approach comprising of self-study methods and interaction with our customers, as well as our internal teams, the Solutions Architect will be able to make informed recommendations that align to customers’ plans and business drivers. As the Cloud Solutions Architect you should demonstrate a strong capacity for thought leadership in their engagements with (current and prospective) clients. Furthermore, when the need arises, the Solutions Architect should be able to demonstrate adoption of new technologies and frameworks through the development of proofs of concepts.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Identifying the needs of our customers and see them executed on with a commitment to customer service
- Collaborating with and supporting Pythian sales teams in the pre-sales & account management process from the technical perspective, remotely and on-site. Leading through example and influence, as a master of applying technology solutions to solve business problems.
- Collaborating with others in refining solutions presented to customers
- Defining solutions for current and future customers that efficiently address their needs
- Participating in the continuous improvement of Pythian and encourage our evolution as a customer-focused, quality-driven consulting and services company.
- Providing technology consultation on site and remotely
- Attending Pre Sales Calls as a technical resource and leader to outline engagements
- Conducting technical audits (Infrastructure, Performance, Security, Scalability and more)
- Providing component or site-wide performance optimizations and capacity planning
- Troubleshooting a variety of systems to provide prompt stability issue resolution
- Working with client development teams directly to help engineer highly available infrastructure
- Recommending best practices & improvements to current operational processes
- Communicating status and planning activities to customers and team members
- Working with the regional leadership to define and execute regional sales and delivery strategy
What Do We Need From You?
To be the successful candidate for the Solutions Architect job you will likely have at least 10 years experience in a variety of positions in IT. The position requires specialized knowledge and experience in performing the following:
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, computer engineering, information technology or related field or relevant experience.
- Understanding and experience with Cloud architectures specifically: Microsoft Azure and/or Google Cloud Platform
- In-depth knowledge of popular database technologies from Microsoft or Google (Big Data & Conventional RDBMS)
- In depth knowledge of BI and related technologies
- Systems design experience
- Strong desire to automate menial or repetitive tasks (and related experience)
- People leadership experience a plus
- Proven ability to work with software engineering teams and understand complex development systems, environments and patterns
- Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect, Google Cloud Architect, or related certification(s) a strong plus
- Experience presenting to high level executives (VP’s, C Suite)
- This is an Australian based opportunity and it is preferred that the candidate live in Melbourne or Sydney but candidate will be considered from anywhere in Australia.
- Frequent (occasionally on short notice) travel (up to 50%)
- 20-50% billable to client
What Do You Get in Return?
- Competitive total rewards packages
- Why Commute? Work remotely from your home!
- Outstanding people: Collaborate with the industry’s top minds.
- Generous vacation: Start with a 4 weeks’ vacation. New baby? Take an extra 2 weeks.
- Office Allowance: Purchase a device of your choosing and personalise your work environment
- Substantial training allowance: Hone your skills or learn new ones; experiment and explore using our in-house sandbox; participate in professional development days.
- Fun, fun, fun: blog during work hours; take a day off and volunteer for your favorite charity
Intrigued to see what a job is like at Pythian or check us out @Pythian and #pythianlife. Follow @PythianJobs on Twitter and @loveyourdata on Instagram!
Not the right job for you? Check out what other great jobs Pythian has open in Australia and around the world! Pythian Careers
- For this job an equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered
- Pythian is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- All applicants will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check