Data Specialist, Operational Innovation
Does This Sound Like You?
Community minded? Inspired by ever-shifting challenges, constant growth and collaboration with a team of peers who push you constantly to up your game? At Pythian, we are actively shaping what it means to be a Data Specialist, Operational Innovation, and we want you to be a part of our global team of professionals.
Pythian is a global IT services company that specializes in designing, implementing, and managing systems that directly contribute to revenue and business success. We help companies adopt disruptive technologies to advance innovation and increase agility. Our highly skilled technical teams work as an integrated extension of our clients’ organizations to deliver continuous transformation and uninterrupted operational excellence.
- Flexible environment: Work remotely from your home!
- Outstanding people: Collaborate with the industry’s top minds around the world!
- Substantial training allowance: Every year you are provided with a self-directed budget and two professional development days so you can hone your skills or learn new ones! So experiment and explore!
- Fun, fun, fun: Blog during work hours; take a day off and volunteer for your favorite charity #giveback.
Overview: The Operational Innovation Data Specialist will work with the Operational Innovation Director and key corporate stakeholders to support our mandate to audit for quality, and provide reports on results.
What does success look like?
Under the guidance and direction of the Product Owner, Operational Innovation, including but not limited to:
- Build, document, enable, and maintain corporate-level reporting and KPIs to facilitate data-driven decisions.
- Ensure that communication and reporting mechanisms provide those accountable for decision-making with complete, accurate, and valid information.
- Ad-hoc data analysis, as required.
- Assist Pythian personnel with extracting information from the databases
- Design and maintenance of Tableau reports
- Contribute to the corporate data dictionary, which includes documentation that comprises the rules, definitions, and methodology underpinning Pythian’s KPI reporting.
- Provide internal control capability to ensure corporate confidence in our processes as well as our management, financial, and audit information.
- Periodically assess whether agreed-on governance (rules, controls, reports, processes, etc) are established and operating effectively.
- Monitor regular and routine mechanisms for ensuring compliance with relevant obligations (regulatory, legislation, common law, contractual), standards, and guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned by Product Owner, Operational Innovation.
Up for the Task?
If you think you are up for it, reach out to us and prove it! Bottom line, we want to see your passion and dedication! We look for people who are so passionate about this that they dream about it and would do it for free, if they could! We recognize you can’t (most likely), which is why we offer a solid total rewards package. Talent recognizes talent.
- Experience and Education Requirements:
- Undergraduate studies in business, computer science, or related field; or equivalent experience.
- Technical / Job-related Competencies:
- Intermediate skills in the following technologies:
- Working knowledge with the following technologies / methodologies is a plus:
- Behavioural Competencies:
- Ability to document and analyze current functionality
- Excellent attention to detail to ensure data integrity, security, and accuracy is consistently maintained
- Excellent customer service and collaboration skills
- Communicates effectively, both orally and written
- Takes initiative
- Aptitude for improving operational efficiencies and business performance
Intrigued to see what it is like to work at Pythian or check us out @Pythian and #pythianlife.
Stay connected with us! Follow @PythianJobs on Twitter and @loveyourdata on Instagram!
- An equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered.
- Pythian is an equal opportunity employer.
- All applicants will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check.
- Please be advised that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.