Director of Platform Infrastructure Services
The Software Defined Enterprise is transforming the way IT services are defined and delivered. Pythian is leading the evolution of managed IT services by redesigning its business and its tools as workflow models defined by code.
As Director of Platform Infrastructure Services, you will be on the forefront of Pythian’s initiative, delivering the infrastructure services that power the software defined enterprise. Leading the transformation from our legacy on premise infrastructure to new hybrid based, devops driven platform services, you will be responsible for delivering the services that empower our development teams to release software at scale without sacrificing stability, quality, velocity or code health.
This position will ensure Pythian’s success by partnering with engineering teams to deliver the right scalable tools and infrastructure that help engineers develop, test, debug and release software quickly. The delivery of platform tools and infrastructure services allows high code health, testability, maintainability and use of best practices for development and testing. The ideal candidate will have a passion for technology, a relentless focus on the customer experience and an ability to multitask, assimilate data, make decisions and prioritize complex work while paying attention to the details. Communication with internal customers, vendors and co-workers in a clear and professional manner is an absolute must.
- Deploy, build out and support the world-class development processes and tools for the diverse, worldwide team of Pythian’s software and development engineers as part of the Pythian Technology Services team.
- Lead Pythian’s Platform Infrastructure Services team focused on rapidly providing solutions and support to Pythian’s worldwide engineering and development teams as part of Technical Services
- Work closely with software development teams (development, release, QA, production) to constantly look for ways to improve solutions deployed to meet their needs.
- As part of the Technical Services team, bring best of class enterprise scalable solutions deployments that align to corporate best practices, economies of scale, security and governance.
- Define the strategy for the next generation of world class software development infrastructure at Pythian focusing on stability, agility, security, scalability, and compliance.
- Be the point contact for software development environment operations related to development workflows, security, networking, identity management to drive alignment with overall SDE strategy.
- Be an advocate and SME for good devops development workflows inside Pythian’s development teams to best utilize resources and best known methods.
- Be an advocate for Devops best practices and knowledgeable of relevant Devops solutions.
- Be a member of Technical Services leadership team representing Devops and PiS needs.
- Lead by example in the technical areas and, if needed, be ready to drill into technical issues in order to recommend the right direction
- Establish and maintain a collaborative, team-based cross-functional management approach that fosters engagement, consensus and collaboration.
- Work with the TS Leadership to support solution development, culture creation and operational efficiencies in alignment with long term planning goals
- Engage, coordinate and align with engineering and development teams decision makers/leadership to develop a short-term and long-term technology strategy to achieve corporate goals.
- BS/BA preferred or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience, with at least 5 years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience in Devops and/or software development teams.
- Extensive experience in the design, implementation, delivery and support of sophisticated software build/test/continuous release and deployment infrastructure.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in Linux systems administration, provisioning, configuration, troubleshooting, and monitoring (Nagios, Zenoss, SNMP, Ancible)
- Excellent understanding of current methodologies in high performance operations and large-scale implementations
- Extensive experience developing and automating continuous integration/delivery pipelines.
- Extensive experience in shell scripting/programming, systems automation tools (Salt, Puppet, Chef, FAI, Kickstart, Ansible)
- Experience with configuration Management utilities (SaltStack, Puppet, etc), and Source Control (Git, Subversion)
- Must possess strong documentation skills and can work with rapid change and at a fast pace.
- Proven ability to influence and/or lead high performing/ geographically dispersed teams.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills to manage complex process and technology issues.
An equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered. Pythian is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check.