Pythian continues to grow and build a next-generation Oracle expert team.
Pythian is a global technology company based in Canada, that helps businesses leverage disruptive technologies to better compete. We specialize in designing, implementing, and managing systems that directly contribute to revenue and business success. We help companies adopt disruptive technologies such as advanced analytics, big data, cloud, databases, DevOps and infrastructure management to advance innovation and increase agility. We have continued to expand to offer not just services but also to focus on product development leveraging new and exciting technology that will empower our customers through digital transformation. Pythian is seeking an Oracle Database Consultant that will serve as a technical contributor to Pythian's Managed Services team. More than just a job we hire people who love what they do!
Our 20 years in data, commitment to hiring the best talent, and our deep technical and business expertise allow us to meet our client promise of using technology to deliver the best outcomes faster.
Have you ever wanted to work on database systems across the globe, but still have all the comforts of your own home? Are you interested in resolving complex, challenging technical issues in a dedicated, worldwide team of database professionals? How would you like to be part of a company where you, as the Database Consultant, are considered a strategic asset instead of a necessary cost?
What are we looking for?
- Technical Experts: Expert level knowledge in one (or more) of several Oracle areas
- Performance Tuning
- DB Security
- DR/Replication (Data Guard/Golden Gate)
- Oracle Engineered Platforms (Exadata/ODA)
- Bonus experience in automation tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet etc,
- Communication Experts: The ability to directly communicate effectively with clients at the DBA, Manager, and Director levels is a must-have. You’ll need to be able to clearly discuss recommendations, risks, status, and service-related issues via email, phone, IM, technical documentation, and maintenance plans.
- Professional Experts: A calm, professional demeanor under pressure is required. Pythian provides 24x7 support and boasts a 15-minute SLA for responding to pages.We require professionals who are problem-solvers and are ready to solve mission critical production challenges from incident to resolution.
What Do You Get in Return?
- Flexible environment: Work remotely from your home. We’ll help you setup your home office for successful remote work, and you can skip the commute! Worried about being “out of the loop” while working remote? Over 40% of our employees work remotely, and Pythian has built a remote-work culture that is supportive and inclusionary.
- Outstanding people: You’ll be able to collaborate daily with over 160 Database Consultants across multiple DB technologies, including some leading minds in several data-related industries.
- We can’t work all the time!: Start with a minimum 3 weeks’ vacation. New baby? Take an extra 2 weeks. We also offer professional training days, a community engagement day, and generous illness policies.
- Substantial training allowance: Hone your skills or learn new ones; YOU get to choose what avenue you’d prefer to explore next for your professional development.
- Industry Exposure: Pythian encourages you to blog as part of your professional life, and offers opportunities for attending, and even speaking at, leading industry conferences around the world.
- Cloud Partnership: Pythian encourages cloud accreditation for all major providers; Amazon, Google, Microsoft and Oracle’s own offering. Any interest in these technologies is strongly supported.
- Participate in on-call rotation and periodic overtime
- Ability to perform primary job functions while standing or sitting for extended periods of time
- Dexterity of hands and fingers (or skill with adaptive devices) to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other computing equipment
- The incumbent must spend long hours in intense concentration
- Stress may be caused by the need to complete tasks within tight deadlines
Intrigued to see what a job is like at Pythian or check us out @Pythian and #pythianlife. Follow @PythianJobs on Twitter and @loveyourdata on Instagram!
Not the right job for you? Check out what other great jobs Pythian has open in Ottawa and around the world! Pythian Careers
- For this job an equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered
- Pythian is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- All applicants will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check