Senior Project Manager (Remote/Work from Home Opportunity)
Pythian is a global IT services company that specializes in designing, implementing, and managing systems that directly contribute to revenue and business success. We help companies adopt disruptive technologies to advance innovation and increase agility. Our highly skilled technical teams work as an integrated extension of our clients’ organizations to deliver continuous transformation and uninterrupted operational excellence.
OVERVIEW: The Senior Project Manager will interact directly with our customers during projects to ensure that clear communication and excellent service delivery are consistent and of high quality
- Become each client’s go-to source for information on the scope of work/deliverables for assigned projects, the timeframe for delivery, and the team’s work
- Communicate clearly, effectively, regularly, and empathetically with our internal teams to ensure everyone is on the same page regarding the project spec, status of delivery/build, outstanding questions, budgets, project health, project hours, and team health
- Ensure a high level of satisfaction through these prompt and efficient communications and proactive client support –– you should manage through your outbox and make sure project sponsors always know and feel comfortable with the status of their project
- Make thoughtful and informed decisions around project delivery, including identifying and managing project risks, while escalating to upper management only when necessary
- Work with internal staff to provide and document recommendations on delivering the project work. This will include identifying and removing roadblocks and obstacles; prioritizing client requests; establishing practical project timelines; prioritizing work; and more that falls under the purview of ensuring project success
- Organize and facilitate productive meetings with internal teams.
- Help define and incorporate appropriate processes for task and project management, including managing work via internal ticketing systems
- Identify areas of improvement and executable steps to help the company grow as a leader in the industry –– we love learning, and we always welcome team members’ opinions and ideas
- Have a thorough grounding in Pythian’s product offerings and practices and a keen interest in how to productize the work we’re doing –– we want your help and input as a project lead and client-facing contact in packaging our offerings in a practical and clear manner for our clients, making the onboarding and sales processes more defined and more readily executable.
- Other duties as assigned by management
QUALIFICATIONS: The position requires specialized knowledge and experience in performing the following:
- A minimum of 5 years of hands-on work managing technical projects and working with technical teams.
- A proven ability to manage complex and sometimes conflicting priorities among clients and internal teams with patience, tact, and thoughtful execution.
- A healthy background in communicating clearly and empathetically across a variety of project members, including external clients and internal teammates.
- A thorough understanding and practice in how to develop software and/or infrastructure projects.
- Some experience or a strong interest in databases, DevOps, agile software methodologies, and/or other infrastructure technologies.
You get bonus points if you have:
- Experience managing teams and projects in a virtual and/or remote environment –– we have a number of remote players, including teammates located around the world
- Experience leading projects for complex organizational change
An equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered. Pythian is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check.