Service Desk Technician
Does This Sound Like You?
Community minded? Inspired by ever-shifting challenges, constant growth and collaboration with a team of peers who push you constantly to up your game? We want you to be a part of our global team of professionals.
Pythian is a global IT services company that specializes in designing, implementing, and managing systems that directly contribute to revenue and business success. We help companies adopt disruptive technologies to advance innovation and increase agility. Our highly skilled technical teams work as an integrated extension of our clients’ organizations to deliver continuous transformation and uninterrupted operational excellence.
- Flexible environment: Work remotely from your home!
- Outstanding people: Collaborate with the industry’s top minds around the world!
- Substantial training allowance: Every year you are provided with a self-directed budget and two professional development days so you can hone your skills or learn new ones! So experiment and explore!
- Fun, fun, fun: Blog during work hours; take a day off and volunteer for your favorite charity #giveback.
Overview: The Technical Services team is to ensure that all Pythian employees have simple, but controlled access to the required IT tools, services, resources and information to fulfill their roles.
The Service Desk Technician is responsible for providing end user support as part of the Support Services Team and ensuring that corporate standards of security, hardware and software platforms are met. The Service Desk Technician is expected to be the face of IT and to take ownership of user requests. This may involve working with System Administrators and Development teams to resolve or escalate issues.
Participation in the on-call rotation after hours within the team and logging all the troubleshooting activities are a mandatory part of this position. This could include pages during weekends (while on call) and with the expectation that you are able to begin working on them instantaneously.
What does success look like?
- Triaging and troubleshooting user requests and alerts from Pythian’s IT infrastructure systems
- Assessing the case, collecting all the required data for either troubleshooting or escalation up the chain
- Owning and following up on tickets until their resolution.
- Building and maintaining trustful relationships between the user community and IT
- Encouraging users to share which IT services they are experiencing issues with and what IT services they want
- Collecting and analyzing the information
- Generating feature requests and infrastructure changes
- Completing daily routine checking on infrastructure status
- Recognizing typical issues or requests and reducing their frequency by educating employees and by creating FAQ articles
- RCA (root cause analysis)
- Analyzing incoming requests and alerts in order to discover the problem that is causing them and escalating accordingly
- Looking for ways to make the usage of IT services simpler
- Discovering inconsistencies in complying with corporate standards of security, hardware and software platforms and working with staff to resolve them
- Continuous learning of IT Services, technologies used, internal procedures and policies
- Documenting and keeping up-to-date on internal IT procedures, and Internal IT Ops FAQ
- Configuring desktops, software and services
- Attending meetings and logging your activities
- Other duties and projects as assigned by one’s Manager.
Up for the Task?
If you think you are up for it, reach out to us and prove it! Bottom line, we want to see your passion and dedication! We look for people who are so passionate about this that they dream about it and would do it for free, if they could! We recognize you can’t (most likely), which is why we offer a solid total rewards package. Talent recognizes talent.
- A minimum of two years experience in End User Support is ideal or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with TCP/IP networks and with DNS, DHCP, SMTP, FTP, CIFS, NFS
- Experience with monitoring systems such as Nagios
- VPN, IPSec, Linux based Firewalls
- Linux based Web servers
- Google Apps
- ITIL, Cobit, PMP, Prince2
- The following are considered nice to have:
- Administration of Mac
- Experience with Active Directory
- Administration of Windows, Linux (Desktop and Server OS)
Intrigued to see what it is like to work at Pythian or check us out @Pythian and #pythianlife.
Stay connected with us! Follow @PythianJobs on Twitter and @loveyourdata on Instagram!
- An equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered.
- Pythian is an equal opportunity employer.
- The successful applicant will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check.
- Please be advised that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.