OVERVIEW: The Team Manager – Managed Services (TM) will lead a team of Pythian Database Consultants, promoting the development and execution of quality services and continuous improvements in support of the company's goal of providing superior client experience, promoting a culture of high performance and continuous learning and development.
The Manager will be responsible for the delivery of high quality technical services and adherence to Pythian and client processes; Lead their team through the implementation of customized client services; Be an influential leader with talent in people management; Champion a culture of continuous improvement and development of team members.
We are seeking an individual with strong change management skills and adept at managing change.
The ideal candidate will also have a strong service orientation and should be familiar with other variations of service models.
- Collaborates with Service Delivery client leads in the delivery, management and assessment of services provided to Pythian’s clients
- Reviews and reports on technical work completed by team members
- Ensures team member’s adherence to Pythian and client processes
- Participates in client sessions during Pythian Days
- Works with the Director of Managed Services to complete resource planning to enable sustainable growth
- Reviews client processes and works with Pythian client leads and primary client contacts to tailor Pythian services to meet clients needs and to identify opportunities for improvements
- Manages and follows up on tickets and work activities assigned to team
- Manages the delivery of team members committed monthly efforts
- Works with Pythian’s Talent acquisition team to evaluate and hire new team members
- Sets specific goals and objectives for team members as part of Pythian’s Delphic Journey program
- Provides guidance to team members in regards to training opportunities as part of Pythian’s self directed training program
- Works with Director of Managed Services to disseminate information and direction from Pythian’s leadership teams
- Meets regularly with team members for one-on-one sessions to disseminate information and gain feedback on opportunities for improvement
- Other duties as assigned by ones manager
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing global teams.
- Have a strategic mindset with practical orientation that enables team growth and continuous improvements with a positive outlook.
- Strong change management skills and adept at managing change
- Have strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills with incredible attention to detail
- Have successfully implemented solutions involving cross functional/cross geography team
- Have a passion for people management and love to build and grow relationships
- Have a strong interest in team development, continuous improvement and provide specific direction for training plans
- Demonstrated success designing, implementing, facilitating and evaluating people management programs
- Knowledge of managing relationships as well as experience resolving conflicts
- Global experience, understanding of different cultures, and the ability to collaborate and develop a meaningful and consistent global team
- Shine during presentations and your facilitation skills are impressive
- Knowledge of industry trends and has experience using varied delivery models and the full range of multi-media content delivery tools and techniques
- Sets goals and expectations for team members and follows up with constructive feedback to provide guidance in achieving objectives
- Works productively and collaboratively in a virtual environment
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills and is an effective listener
- Has the ability to handle and resolve ambiguous, confidential and sensitive situations and issues
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Self-motivated and directed, while working in a fast-paced demanding environment
- Keen attention to detail
- Active listening skills
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Very effective organizational skills
- Ability to work in and manage a team
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- Understanding of current IT service standards such as ITIL
- Experience transferring knowledge in formal training sessions and informal one-on-one sessions.
- Off-hours meetings and conference calls, managerial on-call and periodic overtime
- Ability to perform primary job functions while sitting for extended periods of time
- Dexterity of hands and fingers (or skill with adaptive devices) to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other computing equipment
- The incumbent must spend long hours in intense concentration
- Stress may be caused by the need to complete multiple tasks within tight deadlines
- This position has time zone affinity where at least 75% of your workday should be executed during the normal business day of the majority of your clients
DISCLAIMER: An equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered. Pythian is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a security check.