Test Automation Specialist (Digital Platform)
Location: Ottawa OR Any Location Coverage for EST, PST, CST Timezone (Remote, Work from Home)
Pythian is a global IT services company that specializes in designing, implementing, and managing systems that directly contribute to revenue and business success. We help companies adopt disruptive technologies to advance innovation and increase agility. Our highly skilled technical teams work as an integrated extension of our clients’ organizations to deliver continuous transformation and uninterrupted operational excellence. Tehama, it’s Platform business is focused on productizing and scaling this expertise by orders of magnitude (Tehama, a unit of Pythian (https://tehama.io/)
Tehama, a unit of Pythian iis seeking a Test Automation Specialist will serve as a technical contributor to the Pythian's groundbreaking cloud based platform project and responsible for designing, developing, testing, and maintaining a Test Automation Framework and Automated Test Cases to facilitate the delivery of Pythian platform.
- Collaboration with the team of software development professionals
- Contribute to the design and development of the Test Automation Framework
- Contribute to the design and development of Automated Test Cases
- Coordinate automated application testing
- Contribute to a variety of test actives throughout development life cycle
- Run tests during regular and emergency maintenance of existing applications
- Write functional specifications, design and other technical documentation
- Evaluate new technologies as required to assess their potential benefit to Pythian
- Gather systems requirements for new software projects
- Perform other duties as assigned by one’s Manager
- Solid Quality Assurance experience, manual and automated
- Solid understanding of requirements and test coverage
- Knowledge of Selenium
- Experience with Java
- Knowledge of performance testing
- Knowledge of and hands-on experience with Unix/Linux environment
- Familiarity with version control systems
- Experience with Scrum or other agile development methodologies
Education & Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related degree (or equivalent experience in software engineering)
- Strong organizational and time management skills/Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to provide technical input during test development
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Outstanding people: Collaborate with the industry’s top minds.
- Substantial training allowance: Hone your skills or learn new ones; participate in professional development days.
- Office Allowance: Purchase a device of your choosing and personalise your work environment
- Fun, fun, fun: Get social every Friday with some refreshments and edible delights, blog during work hours; take a day off and volunteer for your favorite charity
Intrigued to see what it is like to work at Pythian or check us out @Pythian and #pythianlife.
Stay connected with us! Follow @PythianJobs on Twitter and @loveryourdata on Instagram!
- An equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered.
- Pythian is an equal opportunity employer.
- All applicants will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check.