Product Designer, Software Defined Enterprise
Does This Sound Like You?
Community minded? Inspired by ever-shifting challenges, constant growth and collaboration with a team of peers who push you constantly to up your game? At Pythian, we are actively shaping what it means to be a Product Designer, and we want you to be a part of our global team of professionals.
Pythian is a global IT services company that specializes in designing, implementing, and managing systems that directly contribute to revenue and business success. We help companies adopt disruptive technologies to advance innovation and increase agility. Our highly skilled technical teams work as an integrated extension of our clients’ organizations to deliver continuous transformation and uninterrupted operational excellence.
- Flexible environment: Work remotely from your home!
- Outstanding people: Collaborate with the industry’s top minds around the world!
- Substantial training allowance: Every year you are provided with a self-directed budget and two professional development days so you can hone your skills or learn new ones! So experiment and explore!
- Fun, fun, fun: Blog during work hours; take a day off and volunteer for your favorite charity #giveback.
Overview: Pythian’s Software Defined Enterprise is transforming the way the company’s services are defined and delivered. Through this multi-year project, Pythian’s operational infrastructure will be transformed into next generation tooling that enables scalability, rapid innovation and employee empowerment. Represented as transformation of business processes into workflow models defined and governed by code, the new operational infrastructure will be delivered as a unified operating system accessible through customizable user interfaces to each employee and client.
Working closely with the SDE leadership team, the Product Designer will be on the forefront of this ambitious initiative, working with Pythian internal clients to architect, evangelize, and deliver this massive digital transformation.
The ideal candidate will combine deep knowledge of technology with relentless focus on the customer experience and an ability to multitask, assimilate data, make decisions and prioritize complex work while paying attention to the details. Communication with internal customers, vendors and co-workers in a clear and professional manner is an absolute must, as is passion for disruption of status-quo and aggressive innovation.
The Product Designer manages stakeholders, defines user stories and acceptance criteria, prioritizes and refines the team’s backlog, overcomes roadblocks, facilitates scrum rituals and evaluates metrics of success. An essential skills it to solve problems iteratively and produce high quality results.
- Builds a customer engagement technology roadmap in conjunction with the business.
- Acts as the main point of contact for the cross-functional team to support product managers (PM’s) in Opportunity Assessments.
- Collaborates with PM’s to prioritize opportunity backlogs.
- Defines and prioritizes Epics, User Stories, and Acceptance Criteria.
- Obtains estimations on requirements.
- Provides requirements on Data and Instrumentation.
- Tracks and provides visibility to stakeholders into team’s progress and impact on timeline of delivery during sprints and cycles.
- Ensures internal readiness for new initiative/product roll-out.
- Supports PMs in providing Product level visibility.
- Provides visibility into risks and works with stakeholders to resolve them.
- Customer mindset approach: The top three items on your priorities list are: customers, customers, and customers. It is crucial for the Product Designer to be able to inspire engineers to think about customers and refocus product discussions back towards customer needs.
- Understanding of the principles of Product Development and has a proven track record in delivering products.
- Ability to display rational vs. emotional thinking on how to collect, organize and analyze information.
- Skilled communications: can distill complex ideas to make them universally understandable, have attention to detail and be willing to explain to others, both verbally and in writing.
- Experience in working in an environment that fosters “learning through delivery” behavior in a SaaS company is a strong plus.
- Inclination to challenge deeply-held assumptions and value metrics over opinions.
- Ability to identify risks and make them quickly visible to support a transparent and highly collaborative environment.
- An action-oriented mindset disciplined to resolve blockers.
- BS/BA preferred or equivalent experience
- Must be a Certified Scrum Product Owner
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience, with at least 5 years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience in digital transformation, Devops and/or software development teams.
- Extensive experience in the design, implementation, delivery and support of sophisticated software build/test/continuous release and deployment infrastructure.
- Excellent understanding of current methodologies in high performance operations and large-scale implementations
- Strong documentation skills and can work with rapid change and at a fast pace.
- Proven ability to influence and/or lead high performing/ geographically dispersed teams.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills to manage complex process and technology issues.
Intrigued to see what it is like to work at Pythian or check us out @Pythian and #pythianlife.
Stay connected with us! Follow @PythianJobs on Twitter and @loveyourdata on Instagram!
- An equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered.
- Pythian is an equal opportunity employer.
- The successful applicant will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check.
- Please be advised that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.