Agile Product Manager, Software Defined Enterprise
Does This Sound Like You?
Community minded? Inspired by ever-shifting challenges, constant growth and collaboration with a team of peers who push you constantly to up your game? At Pythian, we are actively shaping what it means to be a Product Manager, and we want you to be a part of our global team of professionals.
Pythian is a global IT services company that specializes in designing, implementing, and managing systems that directly contribute to revenue and business success. We help companies adopt disruptive technologies to advance innovation and increase agility. Our highly skilled technical teams work as an integrated extension of our clients’ organizations to deliver continuous transformation and uninterrupted operational excellence.
- Flexible environment: Work remotely from your home!
- Outstanding people: Collaborate with the industry’s top minds around the world!
- Substantial training allowance: Every year you are provided with a self-directed budget and two professional development days so you can hone your skills or learn new ones! So experiment and explore!
- Fun, fun, fun: Blog during work hours; take a day off and volunteer for your favorite charity #giveback.
Overview: We are seeking a motivated, energetic and experienced Agile Product Manager to work in a highly collaborative, cross-functional team. This role is responsible for driving development of our digital tooling across our internal and client facing business systems.
The successful candidate will, through the Agile methodology, closely collaborate with product management, business analysts, developers, designers, and other stakeholders such as business, legal/compliance, security, and operations to ensure that the detailed designs and requirements meet the needs of our consumers and internal stakeholders. The Product Manager will report to the Vice President of Software Defined Enterprise.
Position Key Responsibilities:
- Own, prioritize, and maintain the Product Backlog, including definition of epics, user stories, acceptance criteria
- Serve as the voice of the customer with delivery teams, representing/reinforcing the customer's perspective throughout the product realization cycle
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of designers, business analysts, developers, testers and others to develop and execute against Product Roadmaps and Release Plans
- Continuously and transparently communicate with internal stakeholders the prioritization of the Product Backlog and the status of development efforts via Product Demos, Release Plans and other means
- Define, prioritize, and drive realization of specific product vision
- Act as the subject-matter expert for assigned products
- Work with Scrum Masters to help direct, motivate, and guide the delivery teams
- Break down epic-level user stories into detail-level stories consumable and testable by a scrum team
- Collaborate with User Experience partners in usability testing and the development of the user design
- Provide direction and support to development and quality assurance teams
- Promote and drive Agile
- Bachelor's degree required, master's degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years of digital product owner or development experience
- Experience in working within an Agile/Scrum work environment as a Product Owner: writing user stories, and following the development process through user story acceptance
- Comfortable driving teams and management to decisions; willing to push-back for information and answers
- Self-motivated, not requiring significant managerial direction
- Adept at adjusting to changing circumstances quickly and professionally
- Able to make quick decisions when clarification or modification is needed.
Intrigued to see what it is like to work at Pythian or check us out @Pythian and #pythianlife.
Stay connected with us! Follow @PythianJobs on Twitter and @loveyourdata on Instagram!
- An equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered.
- Pythian is an equal opportunity employer.
- All applicants will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check.