Scrum Master, Software Defined Enterprise
Does This Sound Like You?
Community minded? Inspired by ever-shifting challenges, constant growth and collaboration with a team of peers who push you constantly to up your game? At Pythian, we are actively shaping what it means to be a Scrum Master, and we want you to be a part of our global team of professionals.
Pythian is a global IT services company that specializes in designing, implementing, and managing systems that directly contribute to revenue and business success. We help companies adopt disruptive technologies to advance innovation and increase agility. Our highly skilled technical teams work as an integrated extension of our clients’ organizations to deliver continuous transformation and uninterrupted operational excellence.
- Flexible environment: Work remotely from your home!
- Outstanding people: Collaborate with the industry’s top minds around the world!
- Substantial training allowance: Every year you are provided with a self-directed budget and two professional development days so you can hone your skills or learn new ones! So experiment and explore!
- Fun, fun, fun: Blog during work hours; take a day off and volunteer for your favorite charity #giveback.
Overview: The Scrum Master will provide support to the Pythian internal project operations of the Software Defined Enterprise (SDE) group. The Scrum Master will work in conjunction with the Product Manager to understand priorities for the project by executing backlog for the next sprint and ensuring that deliverables are executed in a timely manner while upholding production quality standards as set by the SDE Team. The Scrum Master will drive creativity and develop/coordinate a team in Agile methodology by coaching the team to remain focused on tasks and clarify goals and actions to achieve successful deliverables. The Scrum Master will report to the Vice President of Software Defined Enterprise.
- Managing Scrum team and providing resolution to impediments in process with the ability to track and remove when necessary.
- Ensuring that members of the team have tools necessary to complete tasks
- Have strong communication and conflict resolution skills (focusing on openness, honesty and respect)
- Facilitate Daily Scrum, sprint planning, sprint demos and retrospective meetings
- Ability to forecast deliverables passed on evidence and reliable sources.
- Coach in Agile practices and methodology
- Ability to train team in the correct use of Scrum process
- Ability to estimate and plan for software development projects.
- BS/BA preferred or equivalent
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience, with at least 5 years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience in digital transformation, Devops and/or software development teams.
- Strong documentation skills and can work with rapid change and at a fast pace.
- Knowledge of Agile Methodology and frameworks like SCRUM, Kanban
- Strong Coaching skills with ability to motivate and lead a team
- Understand basic fundamentals of iterative and incremental development
- Strong knowledge of Scrum theory, rules and practices
- JIRA/Confluence experience
- Basic knowledge of software development processes and procedures to understand team's needs and able to identify gaps.
- Ability to commit and be able to deliver product on time
- Knowledge about tasks, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, user stories etc..
- Familiar with common development practices, Service Oriented environments and Agile practices.
Intrigued to see what it is like to work at Pythian or check us out @Pythian and #pythianlife.
Stay connected with us! Follow @PythianJobs on Twitter and @loveyourdata on Instagram!
- An equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered.
- Pythian is an equal opportunity employer.
- All applicants will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check.