Senior IT Project Manager
Ottawa, ON (Remote working from North America will also be considered)
Pythian is a global IT services company based in Ottawa, ON, that specializes in designing, implementing, and managing systems that directly contribute to revenue and business success. We help companies adopt disruptive technologies to advance innovation and increase agility. We have continued to expand to offer not just services but also to focus on product development leveraging new and exciting technology that will empower our customers through digital transformation. Pythian is seeking an experienced Senior IT Project Manager who will support Pythian’s internal project operations of the Software Defined Enterprise (SDE) group. Pythian's Software-Defined Enterprise (SDE) is a team that acts as a hub for innovation within Pythian, who are charged with the research and development of new product offerings.
As the Senior IT Project Manager you will have full ownership of the project life cycle from initiation to deployment. You will provide the day to day management of the team, resources, schedules, communications and financials that ensures project deliverables of quality throughout the entirety of the full systems development life cycle. As the Senior IT Project Manager you will report to the Vice President of the Software Defined Enterprise team, helping them to drive velocity, innovation and quality. More than just a job we hire people who love what they do!
- Provide on-site leadership to project team by coaching and motivating team members to meet goals, adhere to project milestones and have clear understanding of responsibilities.
- Manage a portfolio of complex initiatives that span one or more projects.
- Report to SDE Leadership team on project success, metrics, test and deployment management activities.
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork and innovation.
- Work directly with Product Managers and Scrum Masters, Lead Scrum of Scrums etc
- Utilizie JIRA and CONFLUENCE
- Procure adequate resources to achieve project objectives in planned timeframes.
- Provide status reports regarding project milestones, deliverables, dependencies, risk/issues, communicating across leadership.
- Manage quality control and participate in issue resolution.
- Define the statements of work in SLA’s and SOW’s for requested goods and services.
- Be the go-to source for information on the scope of work/deliverables for assigned projects, for the timeframe for delivery, and for the team’s work.
- Ensure a high level of stakeholder satisfaction through prompt and efficient communications and proactive support.
- Periodically assess the effectiveness of the mechanisms for, and outcomes from, communication with stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, computer science, project management or related field; or equivalent experience.
- 5 + years in a similar IT project manager job.
- Excellent experience in Agile, SCRUM, SDLC/Waterfall, with strong knowledge of managing agile process at scale (Scrum of Scrums etc)
- Ability to translate business and technical requirements into the form of Epics and User Stories.
- Knowledge of JIRA/Confluence, Kanban, Sprint Planning
- Strong experience working with business stakeholders.
- Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills with the ability to lead across multiple departments within Pythian.
- Self-motivated, decisive and ability to adapt to change and competing demands and SDE priorities.
- Ability to clearly and concisely gather, interpret, analyze, prioritize and document information.
- Adept at understanding client needs and analyzing those needs across stakeholdership to identify the solutions.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written, with internal and external stakeholders at multiple levels.
- Ability to document goals, supporting justification in detail in several formats, e.g. slides, spreadsheets, wireframes, diagrams, etc.
- Team building skills with technical and non-technical staff.
- Flexible environment: Work remotely from your home!
- Outstanding people: Collaborate with the industry’s top minds around the world!
- Substantial training allowance: Every year you are provided with a self-directed budget and two professional development days so you can hone your skills or learn new ones! So experiment and explore!
- Fun, fun, fun: Blog during work hours; take a day off and volunteer for your favorite charity #giveback.
Intrigued to see what a job is like at Pythian or check us out @Pythian and #pythianlife. Follow @PythianJobs on Twitter and @loveyourdata on Instagram!
Not the right job for you? Check out what other great jobs Pythian has open in Ottawa and around the world!
- An equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered.
- Pythian is an equal opportunity employer.
- All applicants will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check.
Pythian welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.