AWS Systems Administrator
Does This Sound Like You?
Community minded? Inspired by ever-shifting challenges, constant growth and collaboration with a team of peers who push you constantly to up your game? We want you to be a part of our global team of professionals.
Pythian is a global IT services company that specializes in designing, implementing, and managing systems that directly contribute to revenue and business success. We help companies adopt disruptive technologies to advance innovation and increase agility. Our highly skilled technical teams work as an integrated extension of our clients’ organizations to deliver continuous transformation and uninterrupted operational excellence.
- Flexible environment: Work remotely from your home!
- Outstanding people: Collaborate with the industry’s top minds around the world!
- Substantial training allowance: Every year you are provided with a self-directed budget and two professional development days so you can hone your skills or learn new ones! So experiment and explore!
- Fun, fun, fun: Blog during work hours; take a day off and volunteer for your favorite charity #giveback.
Overview: The Security & Technology Services department is currently growing to support the deployment of new and existing products. Aligning with the movement towards continuous delivery, automated production deployments and migration to the cloud, Pythian is looking for a highly motivated Cloud Administrator to work collaboratively with development, engineering, and operations resources. The focus of this role is the successful implementation and management of our production cloud environment to meet business requirements. This includes collaborating on the planning, designing and production implementation.
What does success look like?
- Provide AWS leadership and support to internal teams, liaise with developers, designers and system administrators to identify new features and evaluate emerging technologies.
- Manage cloud deployments with cloud administration tools and management frameworks.
- Identify, implement and support application monitoring solutions for cloud deployments.
- Leverage industry best practices in defining and tuning appropriate on-demand cloud deployment architectures.
- Programmatically automate routine cloud deployment, administration, and monitoring tasks.
- Proactively work on assigned tasks and task areas, while coordinating the work effort.
- Accurately scope project requirements and delivery timelines.
- Support of legacy on premise infrastructure (Windows, Linux and VMWare)
- Provide 2nd level support and escalation to the Support Services
- Level 2 on-call will be required on a weekly rotation with four other team members.
Up for the Task?
If you think you are up for it, reach out to us and prove it! Bottom line, we want to see your passion and dedication! We look for people who are so passionate about this that they dream about it and would do it for free, if they could! We recognize you can’t (most likely), which is why we offer a solid total rewards package. Talent recognizes talent.
- 2+ years experience working heavily with AWS (EC2, VPC, S3, CloudFront, RDS, Route53, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, etc.)
- Experience with deployment and control software (Git, Jenkins, etc.)
- Understanding of continuous integration/delivery methodologies and DevOps concepts.
- Experience in Windows, Linux and VMWare administration.
- Ability to work with a dynamic team and with demanding client bases.
- Prior experience in hands-on troubleshooting of complex systems problems that includes capacity planning and performance tuning, reliability or high availability initiatives.
Intrigued to see what it is like to work at Pythian or check us out @Pythian and #pythianlife.
Stay connected with us! Follow @PythianJobs on Twitter and @loveyourdata on Instagram!
- An equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered.
- Pythian is an equal opportunity employer.
- The successful applicant will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check.
- Please be advised that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.