Pythian is a global IT services company based in Ottawa, ON, who specializes in designing, implementing, and managing systems that directly contribute to revenue and business success. We help companies adopt disruptive technologies such as advanced analytics, big data, cloud, databases, DevOps and infrastructure management to advance innovation and increase agility. We have continued to expand to offer not just services but also to focus on product development leveraging new and exciting technology that will empower our customers through digital transformation. Our highly skilled technical teams work as an integrated extension of our clients’ organizations to deliver continuous transformation and uninterrupted operational excellence. Due to continued growth and success the job of Solutions Architect has arisen in the North American Transformation Services Team. More than just a job we hire people who love what they do!
As the Solutions Architect you will operate with a high degree of autonomy and have diverse responsibilities that require strong leadership, deep technology skills and a dedication to customer service. The Solutions Architect job has a North American regional focus and such additional responsibility and impact are expected. Acting with relative autonomy and in collaboration with other regional leaders, you will be expected to provide a regional perspective on how to best address the needs of our customers and to grow our business. You will work with a team (on-site and remotely) or individually to design and implement solutions mainly in the Microsoft Azure Cloud Platform; participate in smaller client deliverables such as audits/reviews. Success as a Solutions Architect is measured through customer satisfaction and technical mastery, which lead to additional and deeper engagements with our clients. Through a collaborative approach comprising of self-study methods and interaction with our customers, as well as our internal teams, the Solutions Architect will be able to make informed recommendations that align to customers’ plans and business drivers. As the Solutions Architect you should demonstrate a strong capacity for thought leadership in their engagements with (current and prospective) clients. Furthermore, when the need arises, the Solutions Architect should be able to demonstrate adoption of new technologies and frameworks through the development of proofs of concepts. More than just a job we hire people who love what they do!
What Will You Be Doing?
- Identifying the needs of our customers and see them executed on with a commitment to customer service
- Leading through example and influence as a master of applying technology to solve business problems. Defining solutions for current and future customers that efficiently address their needs
- Collaborating with others in refining solutions presented to customers
- Collaborating with Pythian sales team in the presales & account management process from the technical perspective, remotely and on-site
- Participating in the continuous improvement of Pythian and encourage our evolution as a customer-focused, quality-driven consulting and services company.
- Lead and contribute to the creation of solutions to business problems from inception to implementation
- Attend Presales Calls as a technical resource and leader to outline engagements
- Conduct Infrastructure audits (Performance, Security, Scalability and more)
- Providing component or site-wide performance optimizations and capacity planning
- Troubleshooting a variety of systems to provide prompt stability issue resolution
- Working with client development teams directly to help engineer highly available infrastructure
- Communicating status and planning activities to customers and team members
- Work with the regional leadership to define and execute regional sales and delivery strategy
What Do We Need from You?
To be the successful candidate for the Solutions Architect job you will likely have at least 8 years’ experience in a variety of positions in IT. The position requires specialized knowledge and experience in performing the following:
- Systems design experience
- Azure, the focus is on the set of technologies within the Microsoft Cloud. You should already possess a strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Cloud environment and either the highest level certifications from Microsoft’s Azure training program or a demonstrated desire and ability to obtain them. Familiarity with popular data persistence technologies from SQL and NoSQL through Hadoop and other Big Data offerings
- Familiarity with popular data streaming technologies including, but not limited to Spark and Storm
- People leadership experience
- Programming experience
- Understanding and experience with of other major cloud architectures: AWS, Openstack etc
- Proven ability to work with software engineering teams and understand complex development systems and patterns
- Familiarity with DevOps workflows and tools, e.g. vagrant, docker, etc.
- This is a Toronto based opportunity where you will work remotely based from your home but with frequent (occasionally on short notice) travel (up to 50%)
- 20-50% billable to client
What Do You Get in Return?
- Competitive total rewards packages
- Why Commute? Work remotely
- Outstanding people Collaborate with the industry’s top minds
- Substantial training allowance Hone your skills or learn new ones; participate in professional development days
- Office Allowance Purchase a device of your choosing and personalise your work environment
- Fun, fun, fun blog during work hours; take a day off and volunteer for your favorite charity
Intrigued to see what a job is like at Pythian or check us out @Pythian and #pythianlife. Follow @PythianJobs on Twitter and @loveyourdata on Instagram!
Not the right job for you? Check out what other great jobs Pythian has open in Ottawa and around the world! Pythian Careers
- For this job an equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered
- Pythian is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- All applicants will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check