Agile Project Manager
Does This Sound Like You?
Community minded? Inspired by ever-shifting challenges, constant growth and collaboration with a team of peers who push you constantly to up your game? At Pythian, we are actively shaping what it means to be a Project Manager, and we want you to be a part of our global team of professionals.
Pythian is a global IT services company that specializes in designing, implementing, and managing systems that directly contribute to revenue and business success. We help companies adopt disruptive technologies to advance innovation and increase agility. Our highly skilled technical teams work as an integrated extension of our clients’ organizations to deliver continuous transformation and uninterrupted operational excellence.
- Flexible environment: Work remotely from your home!
- Outstanding people: Collaborate with the industry’s top minds around the world!
- Substantial training allowance: Every year you are provided with a self-directed budget and two professional development days so you can hone your skills or learn new ones! So experiment and explore!
- Fun, fun, fun: Blog during work hours; take a day off and volunteer for your favorite charity #giveback.
Overview: The Agile Project Manager will support Pythian internal project operations of Software-Defined Enterprise (SDE) group. Agile Project Manager will ensure that SDE projects are properly prioritized, communicated and delivered to the internal stakeholders while using Agile techniques to effectively manage project outcomes. Agile Project Manager will report to Senior Director of Operational Innovation (who established and maintains the SDE Project Management Office)
What does success look like?
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and SDE leadership team to define and understand SDE products roadmaps and priorities
- Analyze and document business problems/needs
- Before project execution phases, work with Operational Innovation team to identify product areas for improvement, analyze and propose alternative and innovative implementation options, support implementation of simplified solutions and product automation
- Create value, user-centered stories in the product backlog to support development of solutions
- Prioritize the backlog during planning meetings
- Plan and execute Sprints and Releases
- Drive the development of prototypes to validate requirements, suggestions and ideas
- Work with development teams to clarify user story acceptance criteria during a sprint
- Present your product and roadmap to SDE leadership and Pythian executives
- Create and deliver compelling demos for internal and external use
- Help establish SLAs and technology to support it
- Be the go-to source for information on the scope of work/deliverables for assigned projects, for the timeframe for delivery, and for the team’s work
- Identify and communicate project risk, work on actively removing roadblocks
- Work with Communication team and Product Concierge on releasing communication for products
- Ensure a high level of stakeholder satisfaction through prompt and efficient communications and proactive support
- Periodically assess the effectiveness of the mechanisms for, and outcomes from, communication with stakeholders
Up for the Task?
If you think you are up for it, reach out to us and prove it! Bottom line, we want to see your passion and dedication! We look for people who are so passionate about this that they dream about it and would do it for free, if they could! We recognize you can’t (most likely), which is why we offer a solid total rewards package. Talent recognizes talent.
Qualifications/Requirements: The position requires specialized knowledge and experience in performing the following:
- A minimum of 3 years of Project Management experience
- A minimum of 2 years of experience with Kanban, Scrum, or other agile development methodologies as well as tools supporting those practices
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working with Jira, creating projects, boards, working with Sprints and designing workflows OR equivalent experience with project management and ticketing system
- Ability to clearly and concisely gather, interpret, analyze, prioritize and document information
- Adept at understanding client needs and analyzing those needs across stakeholdership to identify the solution.
- Ability to translate business and technical requirements into the form of Epics and User Stories
- Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written, with internal and external stakeholders at multiple levels
- Ability to document goals, supporting justification in detail in several formats, e.g. slides, spreadsheets, wireframes, diagrams, etc.
- Ability to support the Operational Innovation director and department in maintaining an efficient and effective Project Management Office
- Flexibility in working with dynamically changing SDE group needs and priorities
EDUCATION: Undergraduate studies in business, computer science, project management or related field; or equivalent experience
Intrigued to see what it is like to work at Pythian or check us out @Pythian and #pythianlife.
Stay connected with us! Follow @PythianJobs on Twitter and @loveyourdata on Instagram!
- An equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered.
- Pythian is an equal opportunity employer.
- The successful applicant will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check.
- Please be advised that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Pythian welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.