This in an Intermediate level Project Manager role you will work as part of an agile continuous delivery team and collaborate with designers, senior developers, operators, and others to help deliver product capabilities and features to Pythian's groundbreaking Cloud based platform project (Tehama). You will work closely with the rest of the Program Management team to manage the team's projects, which can include communication, scope and stakeholder management. Additionally, the role will include development, execution and tracking of processes, policies & procedures to ensure we fulfill our compliance requirements. If you have a passion for project management and problem solving this could be the job for you!
What Will You Be Doing?
- Provide overall project leadership and motivation to help teams meet their goals, adhere to project milestones and have clear understanding of responsibilities.
- Provide project updates regarding project milestones, deliverables, dependencies, and risk/issues
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork and innovation.
- Manage and participate in issue resolution and risk mitigation.
- Be the go-to source for information on project scope and timeframe for assigned projects
- Ensure a high level of stakeholder satisfaction through prompt and efficient communications and proactive support.
- Periodically assess the effectiveness of the mechanisms for, and outcomes from, communication with stakeholders.
- Work closely with Engineering teams to develop new or update existing processes to support our growing team and product
- Ability and willingness to learn new systems, technologies and project management methods and tools.
- Participate in activities to support compliance requirements, such as internal audits, semi-annually audits and policy review
What Do We Need From You?
- An Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related degree (or equivalent experience in software engineering)
- 3-5 years in a similar project manager job in a product development environment.
- Ideally you will hold or be working towards a PMP certification
- Excellent experience in Agile with strong knowledge of managing agile process at scale (Scrum of Scrums etc)
- Knowledge of JIRA/Confluence and other PM tools
- Strong experience working with business stakeholders.
- Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills with the ability to lead across multiple departments and vendors
- Self-motivated, decisive and ability to adapt to change and competing demands and priorities.
- Ability to clearly and concisely gather, interpret, analyze, prioritize and document information.
What Do You Get in Return?
- Competitive total rewards packages
- Why Commute? Work remotely
- Outstanding people Collaborate and learn from the industry’s top minds
- Substantial training allowance Hone your skills or learn new ones; participate in professional development days, *get paid* to earn industry certifications AWS, AZURE, GCP etc
- Office Allowance Purchase a device of your choosing and personalise your work environment
- Fun, fun, fun Get social every Friday with refreshments and edible delights, blog during work hours; take a day off and volunteer for your favorite charity
Established in 1997 Pythian is a global IT Data company based in Ottawa, ON, that specializes in designing, implementing, and managing systems that directly contribute to revenue and business success. We help companies adopt disruptive technologies such as advanced analytics, big data, cloud, databases, DevOps and infrastructure management to advance innovation and increase agility. We are focusing on product development leveraging new and exciting technology that will empower our customers through digital transformation. Pythian is seeking a Junior Project Manager that will serve as a contributor to Pythian's Tehama Platform Team a business focused on productizing and scaling this expertise by orders of magnitude to help create a truly Digital Workforce. More than just a job we hire people who love what they do!
Intrigued to see what a job is like at Pythian or check us out @Pythian and #pythianlife. Follow @PythianJobs on Twitter and @loveyourdata on Instagram!
Not the right job for you? Check out what other great jobs Pythian has open in Ottawa and around the world! Pythian Careers
- For this job an equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered
- Pythian is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- All applicants will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check