Technical Project Manager – Managed Service
Ottawa | EST| Remote | Work from Home
As the Technical Project Manager (TPM) you will be responsible for the projects in the Managed Services organization. You will be customer obsessed, creative, demonstrated technical leader and hands-on contributor with superior project management, problem solving, technical, communication, cross-organizational leadership skills. This is not a typical project management role, the TPM role requires someone who is highly technical, we are looking for candidates with very strong prior technical experience in databases and managed services. Maybe you previously worked as a database analyst and moved into project management? Or maybe you’re are currently working as a DBA but have a strong interest in project leadership? If so this could be a great fit for you!
What will you be doing?
As the Technical Project Manager you will be responsible for portfolio of products and services for a specific customer or set of customers within the Managed Services Organization. The TPM is focused on customer success, has demonstrated technical leader capabilities along with superior project management, problem solving, technical, communication, and cross-organizational leadership skills.
- Developing and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery
- Perform risk management on projects
- Be an excellent communicator with great stakeholder management skills
- Interface with engineering teams and client teams for project requirements and scope
- Interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team
- Work closely with Product Management & Engineering teams both within Pythian & Clients and provide strategic insights to define & improve product features
- Provide technical leadership to the team, drive closure of technical issues by working with the architect, developers and client teams
- Develop metrics to monitor project performance and bring in best practices and champion process improvement initiatives across the Managed Services organization
- Play the role of a key advisor to the architects and engineers
- Report to Pythian & Clients on Project Financials
- Have a good understanding of Architectural patterns and implementations
- Motivate and guide highly technical engineers & developers
What do we need from you?
While we know you may not have everything on the list, to be successful in this role you are like to have;
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Engineering or a related technical discipline is preferred
- If you are PMP or Agile CSM certified that would be great
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in Information Technology
- 3 years of project management experience ideally in a Managed Services organization
- Experience in managing Agile projects. Leading Sprint Planning, Retrospective, Sprint Goals, Demo’s, etc.
- Experience in projects delivered via CICD (Continuous Integration Continuous Delivery)
- Exposure towards systems engineering, software engineering and contribution towards technical solution discussions
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives and c-level leaders in the company
What do you get in return?
- Competitive total rewards packages
- Why Commute? Work remotely from home!
- Outstanding people Collaborate with the industry’s top minds
- Substantial training allowance Hone your skills or learn new ones; participate in professional development days
- Office Allowance Purchase a device of your choosing and personalise your work environment
- Fun, fun, fun blog during work hours; take a day off and volunteer for your favorite charity
Established in 1997 Pythian is a global IT services company based in Ottawa, Canada, who specialize in designing, implementing, and managing systems that directly contribute to revenue and business success. We help companies adopt disruptive technologies such as advanced analytics, big data, cloud, databases, DevOps and infrastructure management to advance innovation and increase agility. We have continued to expand to offer not just services but also to focus on product development leveraging new and exciting technology that will empower our customers through digital transformation. Our highly skilled technical teams work as an integrated extension of our clients’ organizations to deliver continuous transformation and uninterrupted operational excellence. More than just a job we hire people who love what they do!
Intrigued to see what a job is like at Pythian or check us out @Pythian and #pythianlife. Follow @PythianJobs on Twitter and @loveyourdata on Instagram!
Not the right job for you? Check out what other great jobs Pythian has open in the Ottawa office or Remote in the Eastern (EST) Time Zone and around the world! Pythian Careers
- For this job an equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered
- Pythian is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- All applicants will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check