Business Analyst/Data Analyst
North Amercia |Remote | Work from Home
Why commute? Apply for this remote job!
We are seeking a client facing Business Analyst/Data Analyst who will work on bleeding edge Big Data projects. The Business Analyst/Data Analyst drives value by providing provocative, differentiating analytics and insights. This position will support a wide variety of business intelligence efforts with our clients, while working in a highly collaborative manner within multiple large, cloud-based data sources to identify insights and spearhead our solutions offerings. Most importantly, you should “love” the data, working with data, finding the nuance that leads to key differentiation for the business and our customers. This is a high visibility analytics and consulting position requiring daily interaction with business users, big data engineers and key client stakeholders.
What You Will Be Doing?
- Working directly with clients, taking data and interpreting interactions between datasets understand their analytical needs, including identifying critical metrics etc
- Using your data analytics skills to gather data from multiple sources and identify user requests from real needs
- Documenting business needs and requirements with a diverse group of stakeholders and using data to create business use cases
- Produce summary data validation reports
- Analyze information needs and functional requirements
- Support the in creation of predictive models
- Define concepts with users and Project Managers
- Analyze usability and performance needs
- Use analytical skills to anticipate client needs
- Work with business teams to use analytical and problem solving skills to deliver actionable insights to relevant decision makers
- Develop rich interactive visualizations integrating various reporting components from multiple data sources
- Use SQL, Tableau and other technologies to pull data from different backend systems and product meaningful information and visualizations
- Take complicated problems and build simple frameworks
- Work directly with clients to gather requirements, provide status updates, and build good relationships and rapport
- Ensuring consistency of data sources across multiple sources
What do we need from you?
While you might not have everything to be successful in this role you are likely to have skills such as;
- A minimum of 3 year of analytics experience, with proficiency With Data Analytics & Math/Statistics ideally in a consulting environment
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Business, or related field
- Ability to be client facing (prior experience a bonus)
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to mine data in order to draw meaningful conclusions
- Strong data visualization and data modeling skills; experience with a tool like Tableau, Periscope, Mode or something similar
- Reporting and data manipulation using SPSS, R, SQL or SAS,
- Tableau, VBA or Power BI for visualization and dashboard creation
Pythian is a global IT services company based in Ottawa, ON, who specializes in designing, implementing, and managing systems that directly contribute to revenue and business success. We help companies adopt disruptive technologies such as advanced analytics, big data, cloud, databases, DevOps and infrastructure management to advance innovation and increase agility. Our highly skilled technical teams work as an integrated extension of our clients’ organizations to deliver continuous transformation and uninterrupted operational excellence. Due to continued growth and success of the Big Data Team the job of Data Analyst is now available. More than just a job we hire people who love what they do!
What Do You Get in Return?
- Competitive total rewards packages
- Why Commute? Work remotely
- Outstanding people Collaborate with the industry’s top minds
- Substantial training allowance Hone your skills or learn new ones; participate in professional development days
- Office Allowance Purchase a device of your choosing and personalise your work environment
- Fun, fun, fun Get social every Friday with some refreshments and edible delights, blog during work hours; take a day off and volunteer for your favorite charity
Intrigued to see what a job is like at Pythian or check us out @Pythian and #pythianlife. Follow @PythianJobs on Twitter and @loveyourdata on Instagram!
Not the right job for you? Check out what other great jobs Pythian has open in remotely around the world! Pythian Careers
- For this job an equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered
- Pythian is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- All applicants will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check