Director of Channel and Alliances
Reporting: VP, Platform Commercial Operations (https://www.linkedin.com/in/craigwirwin/)
Location: Remote North America opportunity, anywhere in Canada & USA
Tehama is currently looking for a Director of Channel and Alliances to help us design, build, and implement a successful the Tehama channel strategy. Success in this position will require: building a strong, productive relationship with existing partners, strategic identification, recruitment & onboarding of new partners, a focus on growing our business opportunities within the VAR/Reseller and Referral partner channels, and achievement of a marked increase in the number of partner-originated opportunities/deal registrations.
As the Tehama Director of Channel and Alliances you will be responsible for providing world class channell leadership to our client base. Working directly with prospects and channel customers, you will be the driving a team to help unlock the value of Tehama for each channel partner and their end customers. You will be responsible for converting opportunities and delivering value by driving adoption of the Tehama service delivery platform. Finally, you will have the opportunity to work directly with our Sales, Product Management, Engineering, Customer Success, and Marketing teams to share your knowledge and experiences to ultimately improve our business and our customers’ success.
- Align to build out team reporting to VP, Commercial Operations.
- Identify, recruit and collaborate with partners in regards to successful engagement, launches, and enablement up to and including the delivery of sales, product and support trainings as required.
- Coordinate with Tehama Sales Engineer on technical enablement for relevant partners. Develop a technical enablement strategy that supports the channel sales strategy for the territory.
- Support/facilitate engagement of our internal sales and technical teams with partners’ sales and technical teams.
- Strategize/coordinate with field marketing on design and execution of marketing programs/events/campaigns to create interest and awareness among partners’ customers.
- Develop a business plan outlining how target revenues and objectives for the year will be achieved.
- Proactively maintain ongoing knowledge of industry, territory, existing and target channel partner accounts, & competitive landscape.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of Tehama products, sales strategies/objectives, value proposition and competition.
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Business Success Criteria/Metrics:
Below highlight key measurable goals for this role. You will work with the VP, Commercial Operations, to define within 30 days of employment.
- Develop the channel go-to-market plan for 2018
- Define KPIs around the acquisition of channel partners
- Define KPIs around conversion from participant to a revenue producing channel
- Monthly Recurring Revenue Goals
- Annual Contract Goals
- Channel adoption/Upsell/Cross-sell growth
- Establishment of the following teams with leadership in place:
- Channel Sales
- Channel Account Managers
- University/College degree or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of channel sales experience in a enterprise software/SaaS business to business environment with a proven track record of consistent quota over-achievement.
- Strategic thinker and hunter mentality who takes initiative and is capable of hands-on problem solving as well as ability to generate ideas and solutions.
- New partner development experience as well as experience with decision makers within current relationships within the Channel.
- Ability to communicate with partners at all levels - from sales rep to C-level and business owner.
- Motivated and focused self-starter with strong leadership skills who is able to multi-task, work independently or within a team.
- Strong Salesforce experience.
- Strong organizational, presentation, and communication skills.
- Previous sales experience in the virtualization and/or information security space and strong technical knowledge with a broad range of virtualization, security and networking technologies.
- We are a disruptive new platform, changing the way the enterprise and providers look at security and productivity.
- Dynamic company with opportunities to expand skills and cross train in new areas.
- Flexible schedules, including the ability to work remote.
- Ability to make an impact, both with customers and fellow team members.
- Small, agile team eliminates bureaucracy and provides flexibility to make immediate improvements.
- Immediate mentorship and leadership opportunities.
- Work with like-minded, driven, and smart team members who will challenge you daily.
Intrigued to see what a job is like at Pythian or check us out @Pythian and #pythianlife. Follow @PythianJobs on Twitter and @loveyourdata on Instagram!
Not the right job for you? Check out what other great jobs Pythian has open in Ottawa and around the world! Pythian Careers
- For this job an equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered
- Pythian is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- All applicants will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check