Software Engineering Manager, Full Stack Development Team
Are you a Cloud Software Architect? Can you serve as a technical contributor in Pythian’s SDE group? As the Cloud Solutions Architect you will be responsible for architecting and delivering high quality software solutions and software designs in support of innovative products. The architect will work as part of an agile continuous delivery team and collaborate with POs, designers, senior developers, UX, project managers, and others to help deliver product capabilities and features. You will be working to develop new frameworks and scalable infrastructure (no legacy here!) utilizing technologies such as AWS, MuleSoft, OutSystems, Automation, Docker Containers, NodeJS, Java etc. If you have a passion for development and problem solving this could be the job for you!
What Will You Be Doing?
- Interacting UX and Ops to participate in architecture, design, and review meetings
- Working with development and project management teams to define user story acceptance criteria during a sprint, break down complex stories into tasks, and estimate, plan and deliver
- Working closely with the developers to develop the best technical design and approach
- Write coding, tests, doing research, analyze, and become an expert in cutting-edge technologies, frameworks, architecture and design
- Moving fast: looking for new ideas, quickly prototype, A/B test, and move to production
- Stay up-to-date with development trends, cloud technologies, open source, and best practices
- Mentoring more junior developers, do code reviews, peer programming
What Do We Need From You?
While we know you may not have everything on the list to be successful you are likely to have;
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 10+ years of experience working with enterprise software development
- Excellent knowledge and significant experiences with large-scale web & server applications
- Software design, selection and implementation experience in an object- oriented environment, performance tuning and stability is a must
- Development experience with Java, React, Node.js
- Experience with AWS, REST APIs, Docker, containers, microservices would be great
- Experience with variety of SQL (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Hibernate/ORM) and/or NoSQL databases (Cassandra, Mongo, RethinkDB, ElasticSearch).
- Familiarity with DevOps tooling for development (Docker, Vagrant), orchestration (Kubernetes, Google, or AWS cloud) and deployment (Ansible, Puppet, Chef). Experience in production deployments on IaaS (AWS, GCE, Azure, OpenStack) and PaaS (CloudFoundry) a big plus
- Familiarity with Jira or other productivity platform is a plus
- Experience leading agile teams and mentoring more junior developers, including students
- Adept at evaluating open source frameworks, commercial frameworks and technology options
- Desire to work in a fast paced, deadline driven, startup environment
What Do You Get in Return?
- Competitive total rewards packages
- Why Commute? Work remotely
- Outstanding people Collaborate with the industry’s top minds
- Substantial training allowance Hone your skills or learn new ones; participate in professional development days
- Office Allowance Purchase a device of your choosing and personalise your work environment
- Fun, fun, fun Get social every Friday with some refreshments and edible delights, blog during work hours; take a day off and volunteer for your favorite charity
Pythian is a global IT Data company based in Ottawa, ON, that specializes in designing, implementing, and managing systems that directly contribute to revenue and business success. We help companies adopt disruptive technologies such as advanced analytics, big data, cloud, databases, DevOps and infrastructure management to advance innovation and increase agility. We have continued to expand to offer not just services but also to focus on product development leveraging new and exciting technology that will empower our customers through digital transformation. Pythian is seeking a Cloud Software Architect who will serve as a technical contributor to Pythian's Software-Defined Enterprise (SDE) a team that acts as a hub for innovation within Pythian, who are charged with the research and development of new product offerings. More than just a job we hire people who love what they do!
Intrigued to see what a job is like at Pythian or check us out @Pythian and #pythianlife. Follow @PythianJobs on Twitter and @loveyourdata on Instagram!
Not the right job for you? Check out what other great jobs Pythian has open in Ottawa and around the world! Pythian Careers
- For this job an equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered
- Pythian is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- All applicants will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check