IT Security Manager
As the IT Security Manager, you will be responsible for defining and implementing security objectives, plans, policies, standards, and operating procedures for Pythian. As well, you will be managing the security operations team by defining their priorities and ensuring operations tasks are completed. You will define and manage the processes used to handle minor and major security incidents to contain and mitigate impact. In collaboration with the VP - Security,you will be responsible for Information Security Governance program at Pythian.
What Will You Be Doing?
- You will be responsible for policies, procedures, audits and other activities required to enhance or maintain the security programs
- You will review client security requirements and ensure alignment with Pythian’s security program(s)
- You will be responsible for reviewing and approving security terms and conditions as requested by Pythian clients within their contracts, and insuring terms are aligned with Pythian’s policies.
- You will monitor external information security risk landscape for changes, analyze potential impacts, to information security strategy of changes, and ensure that Pythian’s security practices and programs adequately address changing dynamics
- Be responsible for implementing Pythian’s Security Program
- Ensuring controls are appropriately designed and implemented to meet various regulatory and compliance requirements
- You’ll manage third party relationships relating to additional security services as required
- You’ll manage information security incidents, including remediation as required in conjunction with IT and other departments, documentation and closure as per process
- Act as liaison between Pythian and Canadian Government agencies to maintain Pythian’s Facility Security Clearance as well as individual clearances
- You are responsible for Security Office reporting to ensure that all reports are completed properly and in a timely manner
- Direct, motivate and develop key staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team
What Do We Need From You?
While we know you may not have everything on the list to be successful you are likely to have
- Experience as an IT Security Manager managing a security practice or program at scale
- 5 years experience in managing security teams and programs
- Knowledge and training on security standards such as CSA STAR or NIST 800-53
- Eligible for Government of Canada Security Clearance
- People management experience
- Security certifications such as: CISM, CISSP, CCSP
What Do You Get in Return?
- Competitive total rewards packages
- Why Commute? Work remotely
- Outstanding people Collaborate with the industry’s top minds
- Substantial training allowance Hone your skills or learn new ones; participate in professional development days
- Office Allowance Purchase a device of your choosing and personalise your work environment
- Fun, fun, fun Get social every Friday with some refreshments and edible delights, blog during work hours; take a day off and volunteer for your favorite charity
Pythian is a global IT Data company based in Ottawa, ON, that specializes in designing, implementing, and managing systems that directly contribute to revenue and business success. We help companies adopt disruptive technologies such as advanced analytics, big data, cloud, databases, DevOps and infrastructure management to advance innovation and increase agility. We have continued to expand to offer not just services but also to focus on product development leveraging new and exciting technology that will empower our customers through digital transformation. Pythian is seeking a Software Engineering Manager, Core who will serve as a technical contributor to Pythian's Software-Defined Enterprise (SDE) a team that acts as a hub for innovation within Pythian, who are charged with the research and development of new product offerings. More than just a job we hire people who love what they do!
Intrigued to see what a job is like at Pythian or check us out @Pythian and #pythianlife. Follow @PythianJobs on Twitter and @loveyourdata on Instagram!
Not the right job for you? Check out what other great jobs Pythian has open in Ottawa and around the world! Pythian Careers
- For this job an equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered
- Pythian is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- All applicants will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check