WANTED: Oracle Apps DBC guru with Proven IT Services Experience to Pioneer Pythian
Location: New Zealand, Australia, India
Pythian is a global data systems and outsourcing company that specializes in optimizing mission-critical, high-availability data systems. Pythian blends the world’s leading data experts with advanced, secure service delivery processes to create the industry’s best standard of care for our clients. We combine technological expertise with transparent processes and best practices to ensure clients’ peace of mind when it comes to the health, performance, and stability of their data systems and infrastructure.
Why This Is A Great Opportunity:
- Pythian continues to grow over 30% year over year and we are looking for people who want to work in a company of growth and foresight
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Unique service offering with clear competitive advantages
- Growing, profitable company with opportunities for career advancement
- Management appreciates and recognizes Oracle Apps team members’ accomplishments
- Excellent, experienced like-minded colleagues to collaborate with
- Leading edge tools to ensure you succeed
- You will represent a leading edge company and a respected brand in data management
- Strong customer referral network including Toyota, National Geographic and more
How Do You Know If You’re A Pythian Oracle Apps DBC ‘guru’?
- Do you live and breathe Oracle Apps?
- Does reading about a new Apps release, a new RUP or a new Oracle product bring your blood to boil?
- Does the book on your bedside table talk about databases or scripting or new technologies?
- Does the sound of your pager going off mean a new challenge is waiting for your solution?
- Are you the Master of Trouble Shooting?
- Do you have the knack of diving deep into issues or getting your hands dirty on new products and concepts?
- Do you get thrills when you solve a complex issue?
- Does going against the grain and challenging established mindsets to find more innovative solutions excite you?
- Do you see beyond the surface and tailor situations to the needs, objectives and demands of clients?
- Do you love working with the top minds in the industry who also happen to be awesome colleagues?
- Do you have a passion for everything IT and do you Love Your Data?
YES! Then you may be a Pythian Oracle Apps DBC guru and we WANT to speak with you.
Check us out on Twitter to get a feeling of what it is like to work at Pythian
At Pythian, we’re looking for a successful Oracle Apps DBC who is experienced in managing relationships with clients and who has a history of playing with Fire. Do you have what it takes to educate and assist some of the world’s most exciting clients to improve their data infrastructure and enterprise information systems?
- Coordination, analysis, design, implementation, and administration of IT solutions
- Recommendation of best practices for improvements to current operational processes and procedures
- Oracle Applications and Database server configuration and maintenance
- Support of Oracle Applications and Oracle Database services
- Administration of backup procedures and disaster recovery plans
- Troubleshooting of operational problems, both in the Database and Oracle Applications technology stacks
- Proactive daily checks
- Responding to monitoring alerts
The position requires specialized knowledge and experience in performing the following:
- Installation, configuration, patching, cloning, and upgrading of Oracle Applications and Oracle Databases
- Oracle Administration including various storage engines
- Oracle client tools
- Performance tuning of Oracle Databases and Oracle Applications
- Experience with Oracle RAC technology and clustering
- Oracle technical support
- Oracle tools
- In-depth knowledge of Oracle ASM and CRS
- Design and implementation of various Oracle backup/recovery strategies
- Knowledge of various storage technologies used for backup solutions (NetApp, SVC)
- Strong experience in Oracle Data Guard technology
- Coding Scripts, Procedures, functions, etc.
- Development and utilization methods for monitoring
- Linux/Unix, Shell and Perl scripting
- Working knowledge of SSO,OID, and Microsoft AD
- Oracle Identify Management Suite 11g
- Interfacing and communications with external customers
- Project Management, time management, scheduling and coordination
- White paper writing, blogging and presenting
** If this sounds intriguing to you and you wonder what it would be like to work at Pythian, reach out to us and find out! **
EDUCATION: Minimum requirement: undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology other related field from an accredited university.
DISCLAIMER: An equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered. Pythian is an equal opportunity employer. Pythian welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All applicants will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a security check.