Organizational Development and Communications Specialist
Ottawa, ON |
Do you want to work in a global human resources team? As the Organizational Development and Communications Specialist you will work as part of a global, dynamic HR team and collaborate with various business units across Pythian to help create Pythian’s Employee Communications strategy and delivery of the strategy. You will be responsible for creating multiple plans and supporting initiatives to build employee awareness, knowledge, and engagement through thoughtful and innovative communications. We are looking for someone who is tenacious, self motivated and who is looking to work in a fast-paced environment. This individual will bring communications expertise to our work on key initiatives including career and manager development, employee engagement, diversity and inclusion, and rewards and benefits to ensure that employees are well informed.
What will you be doing?
- Develops and manages corporate communications that support Pythian’s culture, strategic initiatives and People Programs such as All Hands Meetings, Laureate awards, LIVE awards and Team Spirit events
- Optimizes internal tools and processes to create communication programs where employees can easily obtain information and key messages that help them perform their best work, connect with colleagues, and deepen their understanding of the company’s purpose, culture and values
- Manages Pythian’s HR Knowledge Portal via Confluence to ensure all employee communications and learning resources are relevant, up-to-date, easy to find, and well organized
- Acts as an Internal Brand and Culture Champion, by planning and carrying out internal communications through the lens of engaging and retaining talent
- Manages the coordination and production of the Weekly Newsflash and other corporate communiques as required
- Partner with leadership team/staff to bring company goals, values and vision to life internally
- Team with Global Marketing to ensure consistency and alignment between internal and external messaging
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders and global leads, support their communication requirements, and provide them with strategic advice and counsel
- Lead the facilitation of meetings, focus groups, and other working/learning sessions to help solve difficult problems, align disparate viewpoints, and build capabilities as required
- Partner with key stakeholders to advise and facilitate on change management initiatives
- Facilitate onboarding and orientation as required
What do we need from you?
While we understand you might not have everything on the list, to be successful you are likely to have skills such as;
- Post secondary education in Business, Human Resource Management, or Organizational Development
- 3 - 5 years experience in organizational development and communications program planning, design, and implementation
- Outstanding written / verbal communications and facilitation skills
- Strategic thinker; quickly grasps business issues
- Proven ability to create and maintain effective internal partnerships
- Ability to quickly translate business initiatives and changes into effective communications that engage and inspire people
- Excellent project management skills: must be adept at keeping multiple projects on track
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Visual/Audio Media
- A strong understanding of the organization’s purpose, values, and culture
- Strong interest in employee engagement and retention
- Ability to work productively and collaboratively in a virtual / global and demanding environment
- Experience in supporting change initiatives
- Ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and shift priorities as required
What do you get in return?
- Competitive total rewards packages
- Why Commute? Ottawa snow days, work from home!
- Outstanding people Collaborate with the industry’s top minds.
- Substantial training allowance Hone your skills or learn new ones; participate in professional development days, attend conferences, become certified, whatever you like!
- Office Allowance Purchase a device of your choosing and personalise your work environment!
- Fun, fun, fun Get social every Friday with some refreshments and edible delights, blog during work hours; take a day off and volunteer for your favorite charity.
Established in 1997 Pythian is a global IT Data company based in Ottawa, ON, that specializes in designing, implementing, and managing systems that directly contribute to revenue and business success. We help companies adopt disruptive technologies such as advanced analytics, big data, cloud, databases, DevOps and infrastructure management to advance innovation and increase agility. We are focusing on product development leveraging new and exciting technology that will empower our customers through digital transformation. More than just a job we hire people who love what they do!
Intrigued to see what a job is like at Pythian or check us out @Pythian and #pythianlife.
Follow @PythianJobs on Twitter and @loveyourdata on Instagram!
Not the right job for you? Check out what other great jobs Pythian has open in Ottawa and around the world! Pythian Careers
- For this job an equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered
- Pythian is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- All applicants will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check