London, UK | Remote | Work from home
2018 sees Pythian continuing to grow and build a next-generation of expert teams. This means that although this position is not available today it will be open in the near future. In preparation for this demand, we are welcoming applicants to apply now, and if selected to continue through the interview process we are forecasting this position to be active and in “ready to hire” status within the next 3-6 months.
As the Solutions Architect you will have diverse responsibilities that require strong leadership and deep technology skills, and a dedication to customer service. You will work with a team and individually to design and implement solutions, participate in smaller client deliverables such as audits/reviews or focused problem resolution using conventional or Agile methodologies. Do you have the ability to lead both directly and indirectly as well as have deep technical knowledge? Can you combined the ability to learn new technologies and methodologies quickly, work alone or with a team contributing in a technical and or leadership capacity - on site or remotely? If you love solving complex technical problems this could be the job for you!
What will you be doing?
- Identifying the needs of our customers and see them executed on with a commitment to customer service
- Leading through example and influence as a master of applying technology to solve business problems.
- Defining solutions for current and future customers that efficiently address their needs
- Collaborating with others in refining solutions presented to customers
- Collaborating with Pythian sales team in the presale & account management process from the technical perspective, remotely and on-site
- Participating in the continuous improvement of Pythian and encourage our evolution as a customer-focused, quality-driven consulting and services company.
- Leading and contributing to the creation of solutions to business problems from inception to implementation
- Providing technology consultation on site and remotely
- Attending Presales Calls as a technical resource and leader to outline engagements
- Conducting Infrastructure audits (Performance, Security, Scalability and more)
- Conducting process audits
- Providing component or site-wide performance optimizations and capacity planning
- Troubleshooting a variety of systems to provide prompt stability issue resolution
- Working with client development teams directly to help engineer highly available infrastructure
- Recommending best practices & improvements to current operational processes
- Communicating status and planning activities to customers and team members
- Work with the regional leadership to define and execute regional sales and delivery strategy
- This is a London area based opportunity. Regular UK travel is expected (not to exceed 50%), mostly in Southern England in the first year. Weekly face to face collaborations with the London sales team is required
- Success as the Solution Architect is measured through customer satisfaction and technical mastery which lead to more and deeper engagements with our clients. Through self-study and interaction with our customers and our internal teams, the SA will be able to make informed recommendations about the future needs of our customers. Further, when the need arises, the SA should be able to demonstrate adoption of new technology through proofs of concept.
What do we need from you?
While we understand you might not have everything on the list, to be successful you are likely to have skills like this;
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, computer engineering, information technology or related field.
- Systems design & Programming experience
- Familiarity with popular data persistence technologies from SQL and NoSQL through Hadoop and other Big Data offerings
- Familiarity with popular data streaming technologies including, but not limited to Spark and Storm
- People leadership experience
- Understanding and experience with Cloud architectures: Azure, AWS, Google, Openstack
- Experience running projects - conventional and Agile
- Proven ability to work with software engineering teams and understand complex development systems and patterns
- Familiarity with DevOps workflows and tools, e.g. vagrant, docker, etc.
- The Ability to participate in periodic overtime and frequent (occasionally on short notice) travel (up to 50%)
What Do You Get in Return?
- Competitive total rewards packages
- Why Commute? Work remotely from!
- Outstanding people Collaborate with the industry’s top minds
- Substantial training allowance Hone your skills or learn new ones; participate in professional development days
- Office Allowance Purchase a device of your choosing and personalise your work environment
- Fun, fun, fun Get social every Friday with some refreshments and edible delights, blog during work hours; take a day off and volunteer for your favorite charity
Intrigued to see what a job is like at Pythian or check us out @Pythian and #pythianlife. Follow @PythianJobs on Twitter and @loveyourdata on Instagram!
Not the right job for you? Check out what other great jobs Pythian has open in London, UK and around the world! Pythian Careers
Pythian is a global IT services company based in Ottawa, Canada with a European head office in central London UK, who specializes in designing, implementing, and managing systems that directly contribute to revenue and business success. We help companies adopt disruptive technologies such as advanced analytics, big data, cloud, databases, DevOps and infrastructure management to advance innovation and increase agility. We have continued to expand to offer not just services but also to focus on product development leveraging new and exciting technology that will empower our customers through digital transformation. Our highly skilled technical teams work as an integrated extension of our clients’ organizations to deliver continuous transformation and uninterrupted operational excellence. Due to continued growth and success the job of Solutions Architect has arisen in the UK Transformation Services Team. More than just a job we hire people who love what they do!
- For this job an equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered
- Pythian is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- All applicants will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check