Data Governance Architect
North America | Remote | Work from home
2018 sees Pythian continuing to grow and build a next-generation of expert teams. This means that although this position is not available today it will be open in the near future. In preparation for this demand, we are welcoming applicants to apply now, and if select to continue through the interview process we are forecasting this position to be active and in “ready to hire” status within the next 3 months.
As the Data Governance Architect you will become a recognized leader in data enablement which includes data, information management, data warehousing and business intelligence areas. You will work in several areas of the Data Enablement stack. This includes helping customers evaluate their Data Governance Maturity, Establish goals and move towards their desired Data Gov maturity level. You will also help onboard customers to Pythian’s groundbreaking cloud based data analytics product KickAaas , designing data models based on their business sources and then create documentation which will allow the Big Data team to create the ETL to load the KickAaas platform. If you love solving complex data problems this could be the job for you!
What will you be doing?
- Evaluate maturity level of customers data estates (From a process and governance perspective)
- Orchestrates Data Governance policies across all business functions and across all data object domains (e.g., Customer, Product, Vendor, etc.), while working with senior leadership, IT data leadership, data owners and business data stewards to ensure data management initiatives and sustaining processes are aligned with the strategy business objectives of the organization.
- Lead the implementation of Data Governance practices (From beginning to end)
- Create complex data models in a visual modelling tool
- Work with customers to understand use cases and translate into ETL and/or other systems
- Be a thought leader in data architecture, BI and data warehousing
- Scope complex data enablement projects
- Model standards of excellence for internal and external written communication
- Communicate enterprise data strategy, vision and roadmap to business users
- Work closely with technical architects and implementation team to achieve business objectives
- Regular travel to client sites for face to face meetings and presentations (Up to 50%)
- Manage and meet the expectations for deliverable completion timelines.
What do we need from you?
While we understand you might not have everything on the list, to be successful you are likely to have skills like this;
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, computer engineering, information technology or related field.
- 10+ years of experience in data management and governance, including Consulting experience and leading engagements.
- Strong grasp of Master Data Management concepts including, but not limited to, duplicating handling, data quality, and data cleansing, data lineage, and data valuation.
- Experience in documenting and implementing policies around data quality and data privacy and security, especially for international markets.
- Experience designing and creating data models
- Demonstrated knowledge of designing and implementing end to end BI and data warehousing solutions
- Experience with one or several conventional RDBMS technologies (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL)
- Knowledge of cloud capabilities around data storage and processing (Amazon, Google Cloud Platform, Azure)
- Knowledge of modern open source distributed systems (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka)
- Understanding of Data Lake principles and their impact on enterprise data architecture
- Experience with working in Agile teams
What Do You Get in Return?
- Competitive total rewards packages
- Why Commute? Work remotely
- Outstanding people Collaborate with the industry’s top minds
- Substantial training allowance Hone your skills or learn new ones; participate in professional development days
- Office Allowance Purchase a device of your choosing and personalise your work environment
- Fun, fun, fun Get social every Friday with some refreshments and edible delights, blog during work hours; take a day off and volunteer for your favorite charity
Pythian is a global technology company based in Ottawa, ON, that helps businesses leverage disruptive technologies to better compete. We specialize in designing, implementing, and managing systems that directly contribute to revenue and business success. We help companies adopt disruptive technologies such as advanced analytics, big data, cloud, databases, DevOps and infrastructure management to advance innovation and increase agility. We have continued to expand to offer not just services but also to focus on product development leveraging new and exciting technology that will empower our customers through digital transformation. Pythian is seeking a Data Governance Architect more than just a job we hire people who love what they do!
Intrigued to see what a job is like at Pythian or check us out @Pythian and #pythianlife. Follow @PythianJobs on Twitter and @loveyourdata on Instagram!
Not the right job for you? Check out what other great jobs Pythian has open in Ottawa and around the world! Pythian Careers
- For this job an equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered
- Pythian is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- All applicants will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check