Organizational Development and Learning Specialist
Ottawa, ON |
Do you want to work in a global human resources team? As the Organizational Development and Communications Specialist you will work as part of a global, dynamic HR team and will promote the development and execution of organizational effectiveness initiatives in support of the company's goal of promoting a culture of high performance, continuous learning and professional development. You will be the responsible for responsible for the overall planning, coordination and delivery of learning and development initiatives that support employee and leadership development as well as internal communications that support a culture of transparency and employee engagement. We are looking for someone who is tenacious, self motivated and who is looking to work in a faced-paced environment.
What will you be doing?
- Acting as a key resource to all Pythian employees, managers and leaders regarding learning and development and Pythian’s People Programs such as performance management, skills development and recognition.
- Developing and enhancing learning and development programs and materials designed to improve organizational performance and support professional growth and development
- Exploring and evaluating digital training opportunities and solutions to support Pythian’s evolution in the digital era. Develops and delivers curriculum in multiple modalities including in-class (face-to-face) and technology based (e-learning) platform through an effective blend of media types (audio, visual, text)
- Leading the facilitation of meetings, focus groups, and other working/learning sessions to help solve difficult problems, align disparate viewpoints, and build capabilities
- Partnering with key stakeholders to advise and facilitate on change management initiatives.
- Facilitating onboarding and orientation as required
What do we need from you?
While we understand you might not have everything on the list, to be successful you are likely to have skill such as;
- Three to five (3-5) years designing, implementing, facilitating and evaluating learning & development programs and services, using various methodologies, with experience in program creation, planning, design, and implementation.
- Passion for learning and love to teach with knowledge and experience in Learning and Development (L&D).
- Strong interest in employee/leadership development and employee engagement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and facilitation skills.
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem-solving and project management skills with incredible attention to detail.
- Ability to work productively and collaboratively in a virtual environment, multi-task effectively.
- Advanced interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships at all levels and across businesses
- Ability to work both collaboratively as a team across various functions, geographies and work independently in an ambiguous, constantly-changing environment
- Strong knowledge of the process, principles, methodologies and practices of organizational effectiveness and change management
- Knowledge of current and future trends/practices in learning and development. Expertise in adult learning theories, systems thinking, and organizational culture. Knowledge of training systems, including Learning Management Systems, a plus.
- Post secondary education in Business, Human Resource Management, or Organizational Development (an equivalent combination of education and experience in the field of Human Resources).
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Visual/Audio Media and e-learning authoring tools.
- CHRP or CHRL designation an asset.
What do you get in return?
- Competitive total rewards packages
- Why Commute? Ottawa snow days, work from home!
- Outstanding people Collaborate with the industry’s top minds.
- Substantial training allowance Hone your skills or learn new ones; participate in professional development days, attend conferences, become certified, whatever you like!
- Office Allowance Purchase a device of your choosing and personalise your work environment!
- Fun, fun, fun Get social every Friday with some refreshments and edible delights, blog during work hours; take a day off and volunteer for your favorite charity.
Established in 1997 Pythian is a global IT Data company based in Ottawa, ON, that specializes in designing, implementing, and managing systems that directly contribute to revenue and business success. We help companies adopt disruptive technologies such as advanced analytics, big data, cloud, databases, DevOps and infrastructure management to advance innovation and increase agility. We are focusing on product development leveraging new and exciting technology that will empower our customers through digital transformation. Pythian is seeking a Operational Development Specialist to join the Ottawa team. More than just a job we hire people who love what they do!
Intrigued to see what a job is like at Pythian or check us out @Pythian and #pythianlife.
Follow @PythianJobs on Twitter and @loveyourdata on Instagram!
Not the right job for you? Check out what other great jobs Pythian has open in Ottawa and around the world! Pythian Careers
- For this job an equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered
- Pythian is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- All applicants will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check