Technical Project Manager - Customer Service Delivery
Location: EST | Remote | Work from Home
2018 sees Pythian continuing to grow and build a next-generation of expert teams. This means that although this position is not available today, we are forecasting this position to be active and in “ready to hire” status within the next 3-6 months.
In preparation for this demand, we are welcoming applicants to apply, and if chosen, to continue through the interview process at this time which includes: technical stages and discussions with Human Resources.
As the Technical Project Manager (TPM) you will be responsible for the projects in the Customer Service Delivery organization. You will be customer obsessed, creative, demonstrated technical leader and hands-on contributor with excellent project management, problem solving, technical, communication, cross-organizational leadership skills.
This is not a typical project management role, the TPM role requires someone who is highly technical, we are looking for candidates with very strong prior technical experience in databases and managed services. Maybe you used to work as a database administrator or analyst and moved into project management or maybe you’re are currently working as a DBA but have a strong interest in project leadership, if so this could be a great fit for you!
What will you be doing?
As the Technical Project Manager you will be responsible for a portfolio of products and services for a specific customer or set of customers within the Customer Service Delivery organization. The TPM is focused on customer success, has demonstrated technical leader capabilities along with excellent project management, problem solving, technical, communication, and cross-organizational leadership skills.
- Developing and managing end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Performing risk management on projects.
- Be an excellent communicator with great stakeholder management skills.
- Interfacing with engineering teams and client teams for project requirements and scope.
- Interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team.
- Working closely with Product Management & Engineering teams both within Pythian & Clients and provide strategic insights to define & improve product features.
- Providing technical leadership to the team, driving closure of technical issues by working with the architect, developers and client teams.
- Developing metrics to monitor project performance and bring in best practices and champion process improvement initiatives across the Customer Service Delivery organization.
- Identifying opportunities to improve maintainability of the DevOps automation platform.
- Playing the role of a key advisor to the architects and engineers.
- Reporting to Pythian & Clients on Project Financials.
- Having a good understanding of Architectural patterns and implementations.
- Motivating and guiding highly technical engineers & developers.
What do we need from you?
While we understand you might not have everything on the list, to be successful you are likely to have skills such as;
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Engineering or a related technical discipline is preferred.
- If you are PMP or Agile CSM certified that would be great.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in Information Technology ideally with experience in your career as a Database Administrator or have very strong technical knowledge of Databases.
- 3 years of project management experience ideally in a Managed Services organization.
- Experience in leading Agile projects. Leading Sprint Planning, Retrospective, Sprint Goals, Demo’s, etc.
- Experience in projects delivered via CICD (Continuous Integration Continuous Delivery).
- Exposure towards systems engineering, software engineering and contribution towards technical solution discussions.
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives and c-level leaders in the company.
What do you get in return?
- Competitive total rewards package
- Flexible work environment: Why commute on an Ottawa snow day? Work from home!
- Outstanding people: Collaborate with the industry’s top minds.
- Substantial training allowance: Hone your skills or learn new ones; participate in professional development days, attend conferences, become certified, whatever you like!
- Amazing time off: Start with a minimum 3 weeks vacation, 7 sick days, and 2 professional development days!
- Office Allowance: Purchase a device of your choosing and personalise your work environment!
- Fun, fun, fun: Blog during work hours; take a day off and volunteer for your favorite charity.
Established in 1997, Pythian is a global IT Data company based in Ottawa, Canada that specializes in designing, implementing, and managing systems that directly contribute to revenue and business success. We help companies adopt disruptive technologies such as advanced analytics, big data, cloud, databases, DevOps and infrastructure management to advance innovation and increase agility. We are focusing on product development leveraging new and exciting technology that will empower our customers through digital transformation. More than just a job we hire people who love what they do!
As a Technical Project Manager in Ottawa, you will be part of our Customer Service Delivery team that is entrusted to manage our global client's mission critical systems as well as deploying cutting edge technology from blockchain to serverless and cloud databases, covering all modern data and infrastructure. They deliver first class personalized level of service to our clients across financial, educational, media, retail and many more.
Intrigued to see what a job is like at Pythian? Check us out @Pythian and #pythianlife.
Follow @PythianJobs on Twitter and @loveyourdata on Instagram!
Not the right job for you? Check out what other great jobs Pythian has open in Ottawaand around the world! Pythian Careers
- For this job an equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered.
- Pythian is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- The successful applicant will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check.