Oracle Apps Database Consultant
Location: APAC | Remote | Work from Home
2018 sees Pythian continuing to grow and build a next-generation of expert teams. This means that although this position is not available today, we are forecasting this position to be active and in “ready to hire” status within the next 3-6 months.
In preparation for this demand, we are welcoming applicants to apply, and if chosen, to continue through the interview process at this time which includes: technical stages and discussions with Human Resources.
WANTED: Oracle Apps DBC guru with Demonstrated IT Services Experience to Pioneer Pythian.
- Do you live and breathe Oracle Apps?
- Does reading about a new Apps release, a new RUP or a new Oracle product bring your blood to boil?
- Does the book on your bedside table talk about databases or scripting or new technologies?
- Does the sound of your pager going off mean a new challenge is waiting for your solution?
- Are you the Master of Trouble Shooting?
- Do you have the knack of diving deep into issues or getting into the details on new products and concepts?
- Do you get thrills when you solve a complex issue?
- Does going against the grain and challenging established mindsets to find more innovative solutions excite you?
- Do you see beyond the surface and tailor situations to the needs, objectives and demands of clients?
- Do you love working with the top minds in the industry who also happen to be awesome colleagues?
- Do you have a passion for everything IT and do you Love Your Data?
YES! Then you may be a Pythian Oracle Apps DBC guru and we WANT to speak with you.
At Pythian, we’re looking for a successful Oracle Apps DBC who is experienced in managing relationships with clients and who has a history of playing with Fire. Are you passionate about educating and assisting some of the world’s most exciting clients to improve their data infrastructure and enterprise information systems?
What will you be doing?
- Coordination, analysis, design, implementation, and administration of IT solutions.
- Recommendation of best practices for improvements to current operational processes and procedures.
- Oracle Applications and Database server configuration and maintenance.
- Support of Oracle Applications and Oracle Database services.
- Administration of backup procedures and disaster recovery plans.
- Troubleshooting of operational problems, both in the Database and Oracle Applications technology stacks.
- Proactive daily checks.
- Responding to monitoring alerts.
What do we need from you?
While we understand you might not have everything on the list, to be successful you are likely to have skills such as;
- Installation, configuration, patching, cloning, and upgrading of Oracle Applications and Oracle Databases.
- Oracle Administration including various storage engines.
- Oracle client tools.
- Performance tuning of Oracle Databases and Oracle Applications.
- Experience with Oracle RAC technology and clustering.
- Oracle technical support.
- Oracle tools.
- In-depth knowledge of Oracle ASM and CRS.
- Design and implementation of various Oracle backup/recovery strategies.
- Knowledge of various storage technologies used for backup solutions (NetApp, SVC).
- Strong experience in Oracle Data Guard technology.
- Coding Scripts, Procedures, functions, etc.
- Development and utilization methods for monitoring.
- Linux/Unix, Shell and Perl scripting.
- Working knowledge of SSO,OID, and Microsoft AD.
- Oracle Identity Management Suite 11g.
- Interfacing and communications with external customers.
- Project Management, time management, scheduling and coordination.
- White paper writing, blogging and presenting.
- Minimum requirement: Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology other related field from an accredited university.
What do you get in return?
- Competitive total rewards package
- Flexible work environment: Why commute? Work remotely from your home, there’s no daily travel requirement to the office!
- Outstanding people: Collaborate with the industry’s top minds.
- Substantial training allowance: Hone your skills or learn new ones; participate in professional development days, attend conferences, become certified, whatever you like!
- Amazing time off: Start with a minimum 3 weeks vacation, 7 sick days, and 2 professional development days!
- Office Allowance: Purchase a device of your choosing and personalise your work environment!
- Fun, fun, fun: Blog during work hours; take a day off and volunteer for your favorite charity.
Established in 1997, Pythian is a global IT Data company based in Ottawa, Canada that specializes in designing, implementing, and managing systems that directly contribute to revenue and business success. We help companies adopt disruptive technologies such as advanced analytics, big data, cloud, databases, DevOps and infrastructure management to advance innovation and increase agility. We are focusing on product development leveraging new and exciting technology that will empower our customers through digital transformation. More than just a job we hire people who love what they do!
As an Oracle Database Consultant in APAC, you will be part of our Customer Service Delivery team that is entrusted to manage our global client's mission critical systems as well as deploying cutting edge technology from blockchain to serverless and cloud databases, covering all modern data and infrastructure. They deliver first class personalized level of service to our clients across financial, educational, media, retail and many more.
Intrigued to see what a job is like at Pythian? Check us out @Pythian and #pythianlife.
Follow @PythianJobs on Twitter and @loveyourdata on Instagram!
Not the right job for you? Check out what other great jobs Pythian has open in APAC and around the world! Pythian Careers
- For this job an equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered.
- Pythian is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- The successful applicant will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check.