Software Development Manager
2018 sees Pythian continuing to grow and build a next-generation of expert teams. This means that although this position is not available today, we are forecasting this position to be active and in “ready to hire” status within the next 3-6 months.
In preparation for this demand, we are welcoming applicants to apply, and if chosen, to continue through the interview process at this time which includes: technical stages and discussions with Human Resources.
Are you a motivated, energetic and experienced hands-on technical manager? Do you want to work in an exciting start up environment but with the stability and support of an organisation with more than 20 years experience in data? Can you lead and grow a highly collaborative and talented Development team? As a Software Development Manager in our Hyderabad office you and your team will collaborate with colleagues in our Canadian Head Office to solve to help deliver product capabilities and features to Pythian's groundbreaking cloud based product (Tehama). You will be working to develop brand new cloud first solutions (no legacy work here!) including the automation of infrastructure; you get to work with cutting edge technologies and frameworks like Node.js, React, Typescript, Python and AWS. If you have a passion for development and problem solving this could be the job for you!
What will you be doing?
- Managing a small team of local developers within an Agile Scrumban environment. To provide on call front-line technical support of a cloud native, AWS deployed application for our expanding global customer base. This will involve overseeing level 2 and potentially level 3 support activities including triaging and resolving issues, utilizing stack traces etc.
- Working in close coordination with Development, Operations and Quality Assurance remote teams in Canada, your team will focus on debugging and deploying hot-fixes to ensure optimized solutions are offered to customers.
- Working with the developers to develop the best technical design and approach as well as troubleshooting critical production issues affecting end-users, including system unavailability and data integrity issues.
- Participate in design reviews and code reviews as needed.
- Maintaining your own technical skills and awareness of technical improvements.
- Have a commitment to continuous improvement and innovation with a strong desire to improve the activity of product development.
- Providing coaching and feedback to team member, managing their performance and career development. developing a the teams leadership skills and succession planning by hiring, training, and mentoring individuals to meet their career development goals.
What do we need from you?
While we understand you might not have everything on the list, to be successful you are likely to have skills such as;
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, master's degree preferred.
- 5+ years experience developing large-scale enterprise applications and/or micro-services.
- 2+ years experience managing and growing agile software development teams.
- Familiarity with DevOps tooling for development (Docker, Vagrant), orchestration (Kubernetes, Google, or AWS cloud) and deployment (Ansible, Puppet, Chef). Experience in production deployments on IaaS (AWS, GCE, Azure, OpenStack) and PaaS (CloudFoundry) a plus.
- Experience with variety of SQL (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Hibernate/ORM) and/or NoSQL databases (Cassandra, Mongo, RethinkDB, ElasticSearch).
- Familiarity with Jira or other productivity platform extension development.
- Desire to work in a fast paced, deadline driven, startup like environment.
- Be willing and able to work on an on call rotation, outside of standard office hours.
What do you get in return?
- Substantial training allowance: Hone your skills or learn new ones; participate in professional development days, attend conferences, become certified, whatever you like!
- Flexible work environment: Why commute everyday? Work remotely from your home when you need to!
- Outstanding people: Collaborate with the industry’s top minds.
- Competitive total rewards package
- Amazing time off: Start with a minimum 3 weeks vacation, 7 sick days, and 2 professional development days!
- Office Allowance: Purchase a device of your choosing and personalise your work environment!
- Fun, fun, fun: Blog during work hours; take a day off and volunteer for your favorite charity.
Established in 1997, Pythian is a global IT Data company based in Ottawa, Canada that specializes in designing, implementing, and managing systems that directly contribute to revenue and business success. We help companies adopt disruptive technologies such as advanced analytics, big data, cloud, databases, DevOps and infrastructure management to advance innovation and increase agility. We are focusing on product development leveraging new and exciting technology that will empower our customers through digital transformation. More than just a job we hire people who love what they do!
As a Software Development Manager in Hyderabad, you will be part of our Tehama team. Tehama is the fastest, simplest, and most flexible approach to delivering secure and integrated digital end-user computing (EUC) available today. Our service delivery platform enables organizations to easily onboard, manage, and scale their distributed workforce, by providing “ready to work” integrated and secured EUC environments with controlled access and monitoring—connecting new workers in minutes, not months. The result is decreased time to value, decreased operational costs, and a flexible work model that lets you move at the speed of today’s world.
Intrigued to see what a job is like at Pythian? Check us out @Pythian and #pythianlife.
Follow @PythianJobs on Twitter and @loveyourdata on Instagram!
Not the right job for you? Check out what other great jobs Pythian has open in India and around the world! Pythian Careers
- For this job an equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered.
- Pythian is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- The successful applicant will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check.