Technical Project Manager – Google Cloud
North America | EST Time Zone | Eastern | Canada | US | Remote | Work from Home
Are you a Canadian or US based Technical Project Manager (TPM)? Do you have experience planning and leading cloud implementation and migrations projects? How about Big Data or DevOps projects? Are you a customer obsessed, creative, technical leader? Can you work with Solution Architects to implement the details of the backlogs you build together, consistent with best practices and customer satisfaction? Will you ensure Pythian’s customers get the most from their Google Cloud Platform or other cloud investments? This is not a typical project management role, the TPM role requires someone who is highly technical, ideally with a strong knowledge of Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or other public cloud technologies. If you have a passion for technical project management and solving complex problems then this could be the job for you!
What will you be doing?
As the Technical Project Manager you will be responsible for delivering cloud related projects to Pythian’s customers. The TPM is focused on customer success, has demonstrated technical leader capabilities along with superior project management, problem solving, technical, communication, and cross-organizational leadership skills.
- Leading a wide range of concurrent highly technical cloud focused projects such as re-architecting and rehosting, lift-and-shifts, hybrid clouds, full re builds, cloud-native application modernizations, Big Data Migrations, DevOps transformations etc
- Developing and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery
- Performing risk management on projects
- You will be an excellent communicator with great stakeholder management skills
- Interface with engineering teams and client teams for project requirements and scope
- Interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team
- Working closely with Pythian’s, Solutions Architecture, DevOps and Big Data teams as well as with clients technical teams to provide strategic insights in order to deliver the solution to the client.
- Providing technical project leadership to the teams, drive closure of technical issues by working with the architect, developers and client teams
- Developing metrics to monitor project performance and bring in best practices and champion process improvement initiatives across Pythian.
- Identify opportunities to improve maintainability of the DevOps automation platforms
- Playing the role of a key advisor to the architects and engineers
- Reporting to Pythian & Clients on Project Financials
- Motivating and guiding highly technical engineers & developers removing roadblocks to ensure they can deliver.
What do we need from you?
While we realise you might not have everything on the list to be the successful candidate for the Technical Project Manager - Cloud job you will likely have experience in a variety of positions in IT. The position requires specialized knowledge and experience in performing the following:
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Engineering or a related technical discipline is preferred
- Be PMP or Agile CSM certified or working towards it.
- Experience in managing Agile projects. Leading Sprint Planning, Retrospective, Sprint Goals, Demo’s, etc.
- Strong technical knowledge of Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Service or Microsoft Azure technology stacks, holding a relevant technical certification would be great!
- Experience leading cloud migration projects, Dev Ops transformations or Big Data projects
- Experience in projects delivered via CI/CD (Continuous Integration Continuous Delivery)
- Strong exposure towards systems engineering, software engineering and contribution towards technical solution discussions
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives and c-level leaders in the company
- Be US or Canada based with a willingness and ability to travel to clients sites (occasionally on short notice).
What do you get in return?
- Competitive total rewards package
- Flexible work environment: Why commute? Work remotely from your home, there’s no daily travel requirement to the office!
- Outstanding people: Collaborate with the industry’s top minds.
- Substantial training allowance: Hone your skills or learn new ones; participate in professional development days, attend conferences, become certified, whatever you like!
- Amazing time off: Start with a minimum 3 weeks vacation, 7 sick days, and 2 professional development days!
- Office Allowance: Purchase a device of your choosing and personalise your work environment!
- Fun, fun, fun blog during work hours; take a day off and volunteer for your favorite charity
Established in 1997 Pythian is a global IT services company based in Ottawa, Canada, who specialize in designing, implementing, and managing systems that directly contribute to revenue and business success. We help companies adopt disruptive technologies such as advanced analytics, big data, cloud, databases, DevOps and infrastructure management to advance innovation and increase agility. We have continued to expand to offer not just services but also to focus on product development leveraging new and exciting technology that will empower our customers through digital transformation. Our highly skilled technical teams work as an integrated extension of our clients’ organizations to deliver continuous transformation and uninterrupted operational excellence. More than just a job we hire people who love what they do!
Intrigued to see what a job is like at Pythian or check us out @Pythian and #pythianlife. Follow @PythianJobs on Twitter and @loveyourdata on Instagram!
Not the right job for you? Check out what other great jobs Pythian has open in the UK and around the world! Pythian Careers
- For this job an equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered
- Pythian is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- All applicants will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check