DevOps Consultant | Engineer
United States | Canada | Mexico |Brazil | Remote | Work from Home
Are you an experience DevOps Engineer? Can you build high quality solutions to achieve business objectives? Can you working on your own or as part of a team, to understand the path of a project, provide insight on implementation details, and deliver world class solutions? Is Automation is a way of life? Do you understand how to balance complexity and functionality? At the end of the day, DevOps Architects create interesting solutions using cutting edge technology and use their skills to deliver value to our clients, if this sounds like you then apply!
What Will You Be Doing?
- Project technical implementation.
- Implementing continuous integration and continuous delivery processes and tools.
- Auditing existing architectures, documenting best practices and recommendations.
- Providing component or site-wide performance optimizations and capacity planning models.
- Troubleshooting a variety of systems to provide prompt stability issue resolution.
- Working with client development teams directly to help engineer highly available infrastructure.
- Implementing a number of configuration management frameworks and products designed to ubiquitously orchestrate clusters.
- Building out complete operational visibility solutions including monitoring, alerting, graphing, and log aggregation tools.
- Creating and handling development environments which cater to software engineering workflows.
- Recommending best practices & improvements to current operational processes.
- Communicating status and planning activities to customers and team members.
- Project level work: Keeping ticket statuses, time logs and reports current.
- Senior consultants are expected to be able to lead projects from requirements through delivery to completion.
- Creating automated provisioning solutions for servers, environments, and data centers.
- Continuously learning and improving their technical skill set, by enhancing existing skills and learning new technologies that may be useful for future work.
What Do We Need From You?
While we realise you might not have everything on the list to be the successful candidate for the DevOps Engineer job you will likely have at least 5 years experience in a variety of positions in IT. The position requires specialized knowledge and experience in performing the following:
- Experience architecting applications on major cloud provider platforms ideal Google Cloud Platform (GCP) but Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure are also great.
- Hands on experience as an administrator of Linux or Windows, preferably both.
- Proficient at writing scripts for maintenance and automation in a variety of languages (e.g. Bash, Python, Ruby, or Powershell).
- Basic to advanced programming skills using popular languages such as Python, Ruby, Java, GoLang, Node.JS, C#, etc.
- Skilled with common configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc).
- Skilled with DevOps workflows and tools (Vagrant, Docker, Terraform, etc).
- Skilled with common CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Bamboo, Unit testing frameworks, Artifactory, Maven, etc).
- Strong knowledge of automating deployment, scaling, and management of containerized applications ideally with hands on experience with Kubernetes K8s
What Do You Get in Return?
- Competitive total rewards package
- Flexible work environment: Why commute? Work remotely from your home, there’s no daily travel requirement to the office!
- Outstanding people: Collaborate with the industry’s top minds.
- Substantial training allowance: Hone your skills or learn new ones; participate in professional development days, attend conferences, become certified, whatever you like!
- Amazing time off: Start with a minimum 3 weeks vacation, 7 sick days, and 2 professional development days!
- Office Allowance: Purchase a device of your choosing and personalise your work environment!
- Fun, fun, fun: Blog during work hours; take a day off and volunteer for your favorite charity.
Established in 1997, Pythian is a global IT Data company based in Ottawa, Canada that specializes in designing, implementing, and managing systems that directly contribute to revenue and business success. We help companies adopt disruptive technologies such as advanced analytics, big data, cloud, databases, DevOps and infrastructure management to advance innovation and increase agility. We are focusing on product development leveraging new and exciting technology that will empower our customers through digital transformation. More than just a job we hire people who love what they do!
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be part of our Customer Service Delivery team that is entrusted to manage our global client's mission critical systems as well as deploying cutting edge technology from blockchain to serverless and cloud databases, covering all modern data and infrastructure. They deliver first class personalized level of service to our clients across financial, educational, media, retail and many more.
Intrigued to see what a job is like at Pythian? Check us out @Pythian and #pythianlife.
Follow @PythianJobs on Twitter and @loveyourdata on Instagram!
Not the right job for you? Check out what other great jobs Pythian has open in the Americas and around the world! Pythian Careers
- For this job an equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered.
- Pythian is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- The successful applicant will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check.
- All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States of America permanently– Pythian will not sponsor, or file petitions of any kind on behalf of, a foreign worker to become a U.S permanent resident based on a permanent job offer, or to otherwise obtain authorization to work in the U.S.