Pythian is seeking a Scrum Master that will serve as a contributor to Pythian's Software-Defined Enterprise (SDE), a team that acts as a hub for innovation within Pythian, who are charged with the research and development of new product offerings.
As the Scrum Master you will work as part of an agile continuous delivery team and collaborate with project managers, product managers, designers, developers, and others to help deliver product capabilities and features. You will be working to develop new frameworks and scalable infrastructure utilizing technologies such as AWS, MuleSoft, OutSystems, Automation, Docker Containers, NodeJS, Java etc. If you have a passion for the agile process and problem solving this could be the job for you!
What will you be doing?
- As a Srum Master, you will be working in conjunction with the Product Manager to understand priorities for the project by executing backlog for the next sprint and ensuring that deliverables are executed in a timely manner while upholding production quality standards as set by the SDE Team.
- Driving creativity and developing/coordinating a team in Agile methodology by coaching the team to remain focused on tasks and clarify goals and actions to achieve successful deliverables.
- Managing the Scrum team and providing resolution to impediments in process with the ability to track and remove when necessary.
- Ensuring that members of the team have tools necessary to complete tasks.
- Facilitating Daily Scrum, sprint planning, sprint demos and retrospective meetings.
- Forecasting deliverables passed on evidence and reliable sources.
- Training team in the correct use of Scrum process.
- Estimating and planning for software development projects.
What do we need from you?
While we understand you might not have everything on the list, to be successful you are likely to have skills such as;
- BS/BA preferred or equivalent.
- Have strong communication and conflict resolution skills (focusing on openness, honesty and respect).
- 5+ years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience in digital transformation, Devops and/or software development teams.
- Knowledge of Agile Methodology and frameworks like SCRUM, Kanban.
- Strong Coaching skills with ability to motivate and lead a team.
- Understand basic fundamentals of iterative and incremental development.
- Strong knowledge of Scrum theory, rules and practices.
- JIRA/Confluence or similar experience.
- Strong documentation skills and can work with rapid change and at a fast pace
- Basic knowledge of software development processes and procedures to understand team's needs and able to identify gaps.
- Ability to commit and be able to deliver product on time.
- Knowledge about tasks, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, user stories etc.
- Familair with common development practices, Service Oriented environments and Agile practices.
What do you get in return?
- Competitive total rewards package
- Flexible work environment: Why commute on an Ottawa snow day? Work from home!
- Outstanding people: Collaborate with the industry’s top minds.
- Substantial training allowance: Hone your skills or learn new ones; participate in professional development days, attend conferences, become certified, whatever you like!
- Amazing time off: Start with a minimum 3 weeks vacation, 7 sick days, and 2 professional development days!
- Office Allowance: Purchase a device of your choosing and personalise your work environment!
- Fun, fun, fun: Blog during work hours; take a day off and volunteer for your favorite charity.
Established in 1997, Pythian is a global IT Data company based in Ottawa, Canada that specializes in designing, implementing, and managing systems that directly contribute to revenue and business success. We help companies adopt disruptive technologies such as advanced analytics, big data, cloud, databases, DevOps and infrastructure management to advance innovation and increase agility. We are focusing on product development leveraging new and exciting technology that will empower our customers through digital transformation. More than just a job we hire people who love what they do!
As a Scrum Master in Ottawa, you will be part of our Software Defined Enterprise (SDE) team which acts as a hub for innovation within Pythian, charged with the research and development of new and internal product offerings to provide tools that empower Pythian’s knowledge workers.
Intrigued to see what a job is like at Pythian? Check us out @Pythian and #pythianlife.
Follow @PythianJobs on Twitter and @loveyourdata on Instagram!
Not the right job for you? Check out what other great jobs Pythian has open in Ottawa and around the world! Pythian Careers
- For this job an equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered.
- Pythian is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- The successful applicant will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check.