Community minded? Inspired by ever-shifting challenges, constant growth and collaboration with a team of peers who push you constantly to up your game? At Pythian, we are actively shaping what it means to be a Jira Administrator/Owner, and we want you to be a part of our global team of professionals.
The Jira/Confluence Administrator/Owner/Developer will report to the Director of Support Services and will support the Pythian internal Jira and Confluence systems, both in the regular upkeep and maintenance as well as the new development and configuration. We are looking for a candidate that can take on an Administrator/Owner role and maintain Jira/Confluence systems through regular review of the configuration, add ons, permissions and notifications as well the Developer role and work with internal stakeholders to further optimize, configure and implement new Jira functionality using Jira core, Service Desk and other Atlassian products. Jira Developer will own and drive all aspects of the Jira development lifecycle and will work with Operational Innovation (OI) team to leverage Jira for automation of Pythian’s processes, to support our growth and increase efficiency.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Collaborating with the Operational Innovation and Support Services teams to propose Jira-based (core and with add-ons) technical solutions to support implementation of automated business workflows
- Implement selected solutions using Jira native functionality (modify workflows, notifications, permissions, issue types) and Atlassian add-ons (PowerScript, Service Desk, Tempo, Portfolio, JMWE, Confluence, BitBucket etc.)
- Provide technical/configuration support on Atlassian products, including JIRA Software, JIRA Service Desk, Confluence and Tempo to other Jira user groups within Pythian
- Address business needs by providing support with Confluence macros and add-ons
- Implement and continue refining development life cycle best practices
- Maintain healthy Jira environment by periodically reviewing Jira configuration, in particular, Jira add-ons, permissions, workflows, notification schema, issue types, dashboards, user groups etc.
- Support Confluence-based internal knowledge base by supporting content authors with questions about content creation options, macros, add-ons and configuration options
- Be part of Agile implementation process, and provide feedback on user stories, backlog grooming and prioritization and estimation
- Be the go-to source for information on the Atlassian functionality and possible add-ons
- Provide training and support in the implementation of business process changes
What Do We Need From You
While we understand you may not have everything on the list, to be successful you are likely to have skills such as:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience configuring Jira (workflows, permissions, notifications, boards, reports, user groups)
- A minimum of 1 year of experience creating solutions for workflows automation using Atlassian add-ons and Power Script
- A minimum of 1 year of experience using and configuring Jira Service Desk, Tempo, Portfolio for Jira and Confluence
- Ability to leverage Jira functionality to create and improve our internal processes and project management
- Some experience using Agile methodologies, including working in Sprints, prioritizing work, estimating stories
- Adept at understanding internal clients needs and challenging those needs across stakeholdership to identify the most efficient long-term solutions
- Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written, with internal stakeholders at multiple levels
What Do You Get in Return?
- Competitive total rewards packages
- Why Commute? Work remotely
- Outstanding people Collaborate with the industry’s top minds
- Substantial training allowance Hone your skills or learn new ones; participate in professional development days
- Office Allowance: We will provide you with a device and some spending money to purchase the extra necessities.
- Fun, fun, fun Get social every Friday with some refreshments and edible delights, blog during work hours; take a day off and volunteer for your favorite charity
Pythian is a global IT Data company based in Ottawa, ON, that specializes in designing, implementing, and managing systems that directly contribute to revenue and business success. We help companies adopt disruptive technologies such as advanced analytics, big data, cloud, databases, DevOps and infrastructure management to advance innovation and increase agility. We have continued to expand to offer not just services but also to focus on product development leveraging new and exciting technology that will empower our customers through digital transformation. Pythian is seeking a Jira / Confluence Administrator and Owner, that will serve as a technical contributor to Pythian's Software-Defined Enterprise (SDE) a team that acts as a hub for innovation within Pythian, who are charged with the research and development of new product offerings. More than just a job we hire people who love what they do!
Intrigued to see what a job is like at Pythian or check us out @Pythian and #pythianlife. Follow @PythianJobs on Twitter and @loveyourdata on Instagram!
Not the right job for you? Check out what other great jobs Pythian has open in Ottawa and around the world! Pythian Careers
- For this job an equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered
- Pythian is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- The successful applicant will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check