New York City | Remote | Work from Home
Are you a New York City based Account Executive with proven IT services sales experience? Do you want to work remotely from home and cover the East Coast US region? Do you want to represent a leading edge IT consulting company and a respected brand in the data management space? Do you have the confidence to represent an elite squad of some of the greatest DBA/Consultant/Architectural talent in the business?
At Pythian, we’re looking for a successful Account Executive to join our north american sales team who has experienced in hunting for new business, developing relationships with C and VP-level executives, and who has a history of selling disruptive products and services. Pythian provides services around data management and data infrastructure, across multiple database technologies, platforms (cloud and on-prem). Pythian has also been providing cloud analytics services for the last five years.
If this is you, and you wonder what would it be like to work at Pythian, reach out to us and find out!
What do we need from you?
While we understand you might not have everything on the list, to be successful you are likely to have skills such as;
- Strong experience and proven track record of sales success in an information technology consulting or professional services sector with a strong emphasis on hunting for new business coupled with a desire to help clients solve difficult business problems with technology.
- Experience with data infrastructure, cloud, managed services, Big Data/NoSQL is a plus.
- Salesforce or other CRM tool experience is a basic requirement.
- Be a self-starter and a market maker.
- Can you engage an entire room full of people?
- Do you get thrills finding new prospects?
- Do you see beyond the surface and tailor situations to the needs, objectives and demands of clients?
- Do you shine in an entrepreneurial environment?
- Do you have a passion for everything IT and do you Love Your Data?
What do you get in return?
- Competitive total rewards package: we reward sales success
- Flexible work environment: Why commute? Work remotely from your home, there’s no daily travel requirement to the office!
- Outstanding people: Collaborate with the industry’s top minds.
- Substantial training allowance: Hone your skills or learn new ones; participate in professional development days, attend conferences, become certified, whatever you like!
- Amazing time off: Start with a minimum 3 weeks vacation, 7 sick days, and 2 professional development days!
- Office Allowance: Device of your choosing for day one and options to personalize your work environment!
- Fun, fun, fun: Blog during work hours; take a day off and volunteer for your favorite charity.
Established in 1997, Pythian is a global IT Data company based in Ottawa, Canada that specializes in designing, implementing, and managing systems that directly contribute to revenue and business success. We help companies adopt disruptive technologies such as advanced analytics, big data, cloud, databases, DevOps and infrastructure management to advance innovation and increase agility. We are focusing on product development leveraging new and exciting technology that will empower our customers through digital transformation. As an Account Executive in New York City, you will be part of our driven Sales team working with our global clients to improve their data infrastructure and enterprise information systems. More than just a job we hire people who love what they do!
Intrigued to see what a job is like at Pythian? Check us out @Pythian and #pythianlife.
Follow @PythianJobs on Twitter and @loveyourdata on Instagram!
Not the right job for you? Check out what other great jobs Pythian has open in the US and around the world! Pythian Careers
- For this job an equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered.
- Pythian is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- The successful applicant will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check.
- All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States of America permanently– Pythian will not sponsor, or file petitions of any kind on behalf of, a foreign worker to become a U.S permanent resident based on a permanent job offer, or to otherwise obtain authorization to work in the U.S.