Managing Director, Sales (EMEA)
Location: London, UK
WANTED: Sales Trailblazer with Proven IT Services Experience to Grow Pythian in the European market.
Do you want to represent a leading edge company and a respected brand in data management? Are you of the belief that no matter how good you are, there’s always a new target to crush? The boldness to take on an ambitious goal like making the territory your OWN, be the CEO of your region—and do everything in your power to make it happen.
You need to be a skilled sales guru. Someone with the confidence to represent an elite squad of some of the greatest DBA/Consultant/Architectural talent in the business. Are you someone who’s looking for constant growth and collaboration with a team of peers who push you to constantly up your game?
At Pythian, we’re looking for a successful Managing Director, Sales who is experienced in developing relationships with top executives, has experience with and/or has built relationships around cloud platforms such as GCP, Azure and AWS, and who has a history of selling disruptive products and services. Do you have what it takes to be THE sales leader for Pythian in Europe and assist some of the world’s most exciting clients to improve their data infrastructure and enterprise information systems? The Managing Director, Sales will be will be play a critical role in Pythian’s sales team through day to day management of Pythian’s sales teams in the assigned territory, as well as to support in the strategic growth of the region.
If this is you, and you wonder what would it be like to work at Pythian, reach out to us and find out!
What our Sales team says:
“My role at Pythian is unlike any traditional sales role. On any given day you could be working with some of the world’s top companies, strategizing on ways to accelerate their success. At Pythian, there is no pushing product. 100% of sales truly lead to empowering our Clients to be better versions of themselves in one way or another. The growth we have seen in data management and the problems we are solving on a daily basis only confirms that joining Pythian was a great decision. If you truly wish to challenge your clients to be better, and are obsessed with accelerating your career, Pythian is the place for you.”– Pythian Account Executive
“I have the tools I need to be successful as well as the confidence in knowing that every deal I sell will be executed properly. So much greenfield means the opportunity is endless and the fact I work from home means no commute!"” – Pythian Account Executive
What do we need from you?
While we understand you might not have everything on the list, to be successful you are likely to have skills such as:
- Five to seven years experience of sales success in an information technology or professional services sector with a strong emphasis on leading sales campaigns and identifying areas of optimization.
- Experience with data infrastructure, cloud platforms, managed services, Big Data/NoSQL is a plus.
- Relationships with GCP, AWS and Azure field sales executives are a plus.
- Do you challenge the status quo?
- Are you a self-starter and a market maker?
- Do you have the knack for engaging an entire room full of people?
- Do you get thrills finding new prospects and building partner relationships?
- Does going against the grain and challenging established mindsets to find more innovative solutions excite you?
- Are you the Master of the Challenger sale?
- Do you see beyond the surface and tailor situations to the needs, objectives and demands of clients?
- Do you shine in an entrepreneurial environment?
- Do you love working with the top minds in the industry who also happen to be awesome colleagues?
- Is your glass always half full?
- Do you have a passion for everything IT and do you Love Your Data?
- Excellent reading and active listening skills when communicating with team members, colleagues, management and external clients. The ability to extract clear requirements from multiple sources is an asset as is the ability to discussions to extract the necessary information. Active listening skills are required to ensure that transmitted information is being understood and assimilated.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to respond to team member, management and external vendor questions, while executing tact and diplomacy. Excellent written communication skills are essential when transcribing requirements for campaigns and meetings to be referred to at a future date. Excellent verbal communication skills when presenting promotional plans and proposals to internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills when analyzing, understanding and interpreting requirements, synthesizing information, assessing possible courses of action and selecting the best approach.
- Strong research skills with the ability to synthesize data and findings to interpret trends and ability to propose best course of action to optimize relationships with prospective clients and to improve sales campaigns.
- Excellent personal time and task management skills amidst multiple concurrent demands, numerous deadlines, both implicit and explicit, conflicting and often frequently changing priorities, continuous interruptions and changing priorities.
- Ability to maintain a current knowledge of changing technologies, methodologies, best practices and trends in the sales industry and the ability to incorporate the most appropriate elements into Pythian’s strategic sales plan.
- Self-motivated and capable of working without continuous direction in a demanding, fast-paced, and often rapidly changing environment. Keen attention to detail and a steadfast commitment to quality.
- Excellent team skills and the ability to build relationships and constructively interface with team members, colleagues, management and external vendors.
- The position requires sound knowledge and experience in the sales and marketing industry in an information technology or professional services sector with a strong emphasis on leading sales campaigns and identifying areas of optimization.
- Full cycle CRM (Salesforce.com) experience is also a requirement.
- Post-secondary education in Marketing, Communications, Business or another relevant field would be of value.
What do you get in return?
- Competitive total rewards package
- Outstanding people: Collaborate with the industry’s top minds.
- Substantial training allowance: Hone your skills or learn new ones; participate in professional development days, attend conferences, become certified, whatever you like!
- Amazing time off
- Office Allowance: Purchase a device of your choosing and personalise your work environment!
- Fun, fun, fun: Blog during work hours; take a day off and volunteer for your favorite charity.
Established in 1997, Pythian is a global IT Data company based in Ottawa, Canada that specializes in designing, implementing, and managing systems that directly contribute to revenue and business success. We help companies adopt disruptive technologies such as advanced analytics, big data, cloud, databases, DevOps and infrastructure management to advance innovation and increase agility. We are focusing on product development leveraging new and exciting technology that will empower our customers through digital transformation. More than just a job we hire people who love what they do!
As a Managing Director, Sales in London, you will be part of our driven Sales team working with our global clients to improve their data infrastructure and enterprise information systems.
Intrigued to see what a job is like at Pythian? Check us out @Pythian and #pythianlife.
Follow @PythianJobs on Twitter and @loveyourdata on Instagram!
Not the right job for you? Check out what other great jobs Pythian has open in the UK and around the world! Pythian Careers
- For this job an equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered.
- Pythian is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- The successful applicant will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check.