Senior Full Stack Cloud Software Developer
As the Senior Full Stack Cloud Software Developer you will work as part of an agile continuous delivery team and collaborate with designers, senior developers, operators, project managers, and others to help deliver product capabilities and features (no working on legacy code here!). You will be working to develop new frameworks and scalable infrastructure utilizing technologies such as AWS, MuleSoft, OutSystems, Automation, Docker Containers, NodeJS, Java etc. If you have a passion for development and problem solving this could be the job for you!
What will you be doing?
- Developing cloud based software applications quickly and with quality.
- Writing code, tests, researching and analyzing to become an expert in cutting-edge technologies, frameworks, architecture and design.
- You will move fast: look for new ideas, quickly prototype, A/B test, and move to production.
- Working with development and project management teams to define user story acceptance criteria during a sprint, break down complex stories into tasks, and estimate, plan and deliver.
- Interacting with architects, UX, and Ops. Participate in architecture, design, and review meetings.
- Assuming various agile development and DevOps roles as required.
- Staying up-to-date with development trends, cloud technologies, open source, and best practices.
- Collaborating with cross-functional team members on all aspects of development and process.
- Mentoring more junior developers, do code reviews, peer programming.
What do we need from you?
While we understand you might not have everything on the list, to be successful you are likely to have skills such as;
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related degree (or equivalent experience in software engineering).
- 7+ years experience in a similar developer job, developing large-scale web applications and/or large-scale server applications is a must.
- Experience developing large-scale server applications and/or micro-services using several languages and frameworks (Java/JEE, Node.js, PHP, Python, Ruby on Rails, …).
- Experience with variety of SQL (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Hibernate/ORM) and/or NoSQL databases (Cassandra, Mongo, RethinkDB, ElasticSearch).
- Familiarity with DevOps tooling for development (Docker, Vagrant), orchestration (Kubernetes, Google, or AWS cloud) and deployment (Ansible, Puppet, Chef). Experience in production deployments on IaaS (AWS, GCE, Azure, OpenStack) and PaaS (CloudFoundry) a plus.
- Familiarity with Jira or other productivity platform extension development is a plus.
- Experience with Kanban, Scrum and other agile development methodologies.
- Experience leading agile teams and mentoring more junior developers, including students.
- Adept at evaluating open source frameworks, commercial frameworks and technology options.
- Desire to work in a fast paced, deadline driven, start up like environment.
What do you get in return?
- Competitive total rewards package
- Flexible work environment: Why commute on an Ottawa snow day? Work from home!
- Outstanding people: Collaborate with the industry’s top minds.
- Substantial training allowance: Hone your skills or learn new ones; participate in professional development days, attend conferences, become certified, whatever you like!
- Amazing time off: Start with a minimum 3 weeks vacation, 7 sick days, and 2 professional development days!
- Office Allowance: Purchase a device of your choosing and personalise your work environment!
- Fun, fun, fun: Blog during work hours; take a day off and volunteer for your favorite charity.
Established in 1997, Pythian is a global IT Data company based in Ottawa, Canada that specializes in designing, implementing, and managing systems that directly contribute to revenue and business success. We help companies adopt disruptive technologies such as advanced analytics, big data, cloud, databases, DevOps and infrastructure management to advance innovation and increase agility. We are focusing on product development leveraging new and exciting technology that will empower our customers through digital transformation. More than just a job we hire people who love what they do!
As a Senior Full Stack Cloud Software Developer in Ottawa, you will be part of our Software Defined Enterprise (SDE) team which acts as a hub for innovation within Pythian, charged with the research and development of new and internal product offerings to provide tools that empower Pythian’s knowledge workers.
Intrigued to see what a job is like at Pythian? Check us out @Pythian and #pythianlife.
Follow @PythianJobs on Twitter and @loveyourdata on Instagram!
Not the right job for you? Check out what other great jobs Pythian has open and around the world! Pythian Careers
- For this job an equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered.
- Pythian is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- The successful applicant will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check.