Senior Marketing Manager
Reports to: SVP, Tehama Business Unit
As a Senior Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for the marketing activities related to Tehama’s secure SaaS based service delivery platform. You will have a passion for launching and scaling new innovative products in fast moving and high growth markets, a strong understanding of SaaS solutions, and possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy. You will also have a big-picture vision and the drive to make that vision a reality as Tehama revolutionizes the secure service delivery marketplace. This is a unique opportunity to join a team at the very beginning of a market transformation and to grow your career as a marketing leader.
What will you be doing?
Reporting directly to the Senior Vice President, Tehama, you will develop and implement innovative marketing programs and thought leadership content that drive demand. You will:
- Develop product positioning, messaging, and campaigns that differentiate our solution in the market
- Provide thought leadership and content creation - write product descriptions, data sheets, articles, and web content, along with product videos and demos
- Work closely with sales, analysts, customers, and technology partners, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customers
- Develop core content and messaging for marketing materials creation and analyze our customer and market needs for accurate messaging and positioning of Tehama
- Conduct detailed market/competitive intelligence and analysis– provide expertise on buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria; provide expertise on competitors and how to crush them
- Demand generation – develop the strategy and manage the marketing programs and campaigns that drive demand (leads) and sales for our platform
- Develop and execute marketing strategies with a goal of driving acquisition, lifting conversion rates, increasing engagement to ultimately growing revenue
- Identify market opportunities, build business cases, and define product vision and strategy for new markets and current market expansion
- Serve as the internal and external evangelist for Tehama, occasionally working with industry analysts and influencers, and participating at Tehama and industry events
- Define Tehama’s events plan and marketing strategy around these events to support lead generation outcomes
What do we need from you?
While we understand you might not have everything on the list, to be successful you are likely to have skills such as an exceptional attention to detail, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits for a range of audience types. You will be the expert on our target buyers and their buying criteria and will communicate that knowledge to our sales team. You’re going to be entrepreneurial, self-motivated, and outcome-oriented while being comfortable with the speed of our business. You will also have a passion for creating cross functional relationships internally and externally to drive our business mandate forward.
You will also have:
- 3-5 years product marketing experience in the IT sector and proven success in building and executing a digital marketing strategy
- Exceptional digital communication and writing skills and a desire and ability to learn about product marketing on the job
- Proven experience collaborating with internal and external colleagues on a global scale and utilizing digital tools (Slack, Google Meet)
- Ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative, and agile environment
- In-depth knowledge of marketing principles and disciplines such as the 4 Ps of marketing
- Strategic leadership and strong business acumen
- Experience with building products and services for partners, resellers, managed services providers, and consulting companies
- Market ecosystem understanding of one or more of: SaaS, Virtualization, Cloud IT services, Cybersecurity and competitive offerings in the marketplace
What do you get in return?
- Competitive total rewards package
- Flexible work environment
- Outstanding people: Collaborate with the industry’s top minds.
- Substantial training allowance: Hone your skills or learn new ones; participate in professional development days, attend conferences, become certified, whatever you like!
- Amazing time off: Start with a minimum 3 weeks vacation, 7 sick days, and 2 professional development days!
- Office Allowance: Device of your choosing for day one and options to personalize your work environment!
- Fun, fun, fun: Blog during work hours; take a day off and volunteer for your favorite charity.
As a Senior Marketing Manager in Ottawa, you will be part of our Tehama team, a business unit of Pythian. Tehama is the fastest, simplest, and most flexible approach to delivering secure and integrated digital end-user computing (EUC) available today. Our service delivery SaaS platform enables organizations to easily onboard, manage, and scale their distributed workforce, by providing “ready to work” integrated and secured EUC environments with controlled access and monitoring—connecting new workers in minutes, not months. The result is decreased time to value, decreased operational costs, and a flexible work model that lets you move at the speed of today’s world.
Established in 1997, Pythian is a global IT Data company based in Ottawa, Canada that specializes in designing, implementing, and managing systems that directly contribute to revenue and business success. We help companies adopt disruptive technologies such as advanced analytics, big data, cloud, databases, DevOps and infrastructure management to advance innovation and increase agility. We are focusing on product development leveraging new and exciting technology that will empower our customers through digital transformation. More than just a job we hire people who love what they do!
Intrigued to see what a job is like at Pythian? Check us out @Pythian and #pythianlife.
Follow @PythianJobs on Twitter and @loveyourdata on Instagram!
Not the right job for you? Check out what other great jobs Pythian has open in Ottawa and around the world! Pythian Careers
- For this job an equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered.
- Pythian is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- The successful applicant will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check.