Business Analyst / Project Manager
Inspired by ever-shifting challenges, constant growth and collaboration with a team of peers who push you constantly to up your game? At Pythian, we are actively shaping what it means to be a Business Analyst/Project Manager, and we want you to be a part of our global team of professionals.
The Business Analyst / Project Manager will support Pythian internal project operations of Operational Innovation (OI), which is part of the bigger Software-Defined Enterprise (SDE) group. The Business Analyst / Project Manager will support execution of multiple, concurrent projects that aim to innovate, optimize and automate Pythian internal processes, to support our growth and increase efficiency. We are looking for a candidate that can take on a Business Analyst role and work with internal stakeholders to identify internal processes to be optimized and also a Project Manager role, to own and drive all aspects of Agile lifecycle (roadmap, backlog, Sprint planning etc.). Business Analyst / Project Manager will report to Senior Director of Operational Innovation.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Collaborating with rest of the Operational Innovation team, identify business workflows to improve, analyze and propose alternative and innovative implementation options
- Collaborating with technical team, review implementation options that will incorporate Pythian new applications, to automate workflows using technology
- Based on proposed process innovation and available applications, create a roadmap to implement the change, including planning for communication and training
- Create stories for the product backlog, prioritize stories, plan Sprints and Releases
- Be the go-to source for information on the scope of work/deliverables for assigned projects, for the timeframe for delivery, and for the team’s work
- Work with development teams to clarify user story acceptance criteria during a Sprint
- Identify and communicate project risk, work on actively removing roadblocks
- Create and deliver compelling demos for internal stakeholders
- Provide training and support in implementation of the business processes change
- Manage multiple projects, priorities and tasks
What Do We Need From You
While we understand you may not have everything on the list, to be successful you are likely to have skills such as:
- Experience using Agile methodologies, owning a product roadmap and a backlog
- Experience working with Jira (projects, boards, Sprints, reports and workflows) OR equivalent project management and ticketing system
- Ability to clearly and concisely gather, interpret, analyze, prioritize and document information, and present it in several formats, e.g. slides, spreadsheets, wireframes, diagrams, etc.
- Adept at understanding internal clients needs and analyzing those needs across stakeholdership to identify the solution
- Ability to translate business and technical requirements into the form of Epics and User Stories
- Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written, with internal stakeholders at multiple levels
- Flexibility in working with dynamically changing Operational Innovation group needs and priorities
What Do You Get in Return?
- Competitive total rewards packages
- Why Commute? Work remotely
- Outstanding people Collaborate with the industry’s top minds
- Substantial training allowance Hone your skills or learn new ones; participate in professional development days
- Office Allowance: Device of your choosing for day one and options to personalize your work environment!
- Fun, fun, fun Get social every Friday with some refreshments and edible delights, blog during work hours; take a day off and volunteer for your favorite charity
Pythian is a global IT Data company based in Ottawa, ON, that specializes in designing, implementing, and managing systems that directly contribute to revenue and business success. We help companies adopt disruptive technologies such as advanced analytics, big data, cloud, databases, DevOps and infrastructure management to advance innovation and increase agility. We have continued to expand to offer not just services but also to focus on product development leveraging new and exciting technology that will empower our customers through digital transformation. Pythian is seeking a Job Title that will serve as a technical contributor to Pythian's Software-Defined Enterprise (SDE) a team that acts as a hub for innovation within Pythian, who are charged with the research and development of new product offerings. More than just a job we hire people who love what they do!
Intrigued to see what a job is like at Pythian or check us out @Pythian and #pythianlife. Follow @PythianJobs on Twitter and @loveyourdata on Instagram!
Not the right job for you? Check out what other great jobs Pythian has open in Ottawa and around the world! Pythian Careers
- For this job an equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered
- Pythian is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- All applicants will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check