Full Stack Developer
Ottawa | Ontario | Remote | Work from home
Are you an Ontario based Full Stack Developer? Do you want to work remotely as part of an agile continuous delivery team and collaborate with internal and client development teams, DevOps engineers, technical project managers and others to help develop, maintain and enhance software for Pythians clients? As a developer on our DevOps team you will be at the Developer end of the spectrum working closely with the Operations and Systems specialists to develop new frameworks and scalable infrastructure utilizing modern cloud tooling for AWS, GCP and Azure. If you have a passion for development and problem solving; want the variety and challenge of consulting while maintaining the stability of a permanent role this could be the job for you!
What will you be doing?
- Developing cloud based software applications quickly and with quality.
- Writing code, tests, researching and analyzing to become an expert in cutting-edge technologies, frameworks, architecture and design.
- You will move fast; look for new ideas, quickly prototype and move to production.
- Collaborating with internal and client engineering teams to define user story acceptance criteria during sprints, break down complex stories into tasks, and estimate, plan and deliver.
- Interacting with architects, UX, and Ops. You will participate in architecture, design, and review meetings with clients.
- Assuming various agile development and DevOps roles as required.
- Staying up-to-date with development trends, cloud technologies, open source, and best practices.
What do we need from you?
While we understand you might not have everything on the list, to be successful you are likely to have skills such as;
- Experience developing cloud hosted applications with a good exposure to production deployments on IaaS (having a mix of Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure or Openstack would be really great but we are realistic!).
- Familiarity with DevOps tooling for development (Docker, Vagrant), orchestration (Kubernetes, Swarm etc) and deployment (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Cloudformation or Terraform)
- Good knowledge of the tools, services and capabilities of AWS or GCP or Azure
- Experience developing software in Continuous Integration and/or Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) production environments
- Experience working a part of agile teams with exposure to Kanban, Scrum and other agile development methodologies.
- Familiarity with Jira or other productivity platform extension development is a plus.
- Experience mentoring more junior developers, including students.
- Adept at evaluating open source frameworks, commercial frameworks and technology options.
- Desire to work in a fast paced, deadline driven consulting environment
What do you get in return?
- Competitive total rewards package
- Flexible work environment: Why commute on a snowy day? Work from home!
- Outstanding people: Collaborate with the industry’s top minds.
- Substantial training allowance: Hone your skills or learn new ones; participate in professional development days, attend conferences, become certified, whatever you like!
- Office Allowance: A device of your choice and personalise your work environment!
- Fun, fun, fun: Blog during work hours; take a day off and volunteer for your favorite charity.
Pythian is a global IT services company based in Ottawa, ON, who specializes in designing, implementing, and managing systems that directly contribute to revenue and business success. We help companies adopt disruptive technologies such as advanced analytics, big data, cloud, databases, DevOps and infrastructure management to advance innovation and increase agility. We have continued to expand to offer not just services but also to focus on product development leveraging new and exciting technology that will empower our customers through digital transformation. Our highly skilled technical teams work as an integrated extension of our clients’ organizations to deliver continuous transformation and uninterrupted operational excellence. More than just a job we hire people who love what they do!
Intrigued to see what a job is like at Pythian or check us out @Pythian and #pythianlife. Follow @PythianJobs on Twitter and @loveyourdata on Instagram!
Not the right job for you? Check out what other great jobs Pythian has open in Ottawa and around the world! Pythian Careers
- Disclaimers Pythian is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities.
- Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- All applicants will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check
- This role requires both that your place of residence is currently in the USA or Canada and that you are legally eligible to work full time in the USA or Canada. At this time, Pythian is unable to accommodate any requests for relocation or sponsorship of individuals’ VISA / work permit applications.
- No recruitment agencies please