Vice President of Engineering
Are you up for the challenge to lead an Ottawa based agile start-up Enterprise SaaS product organization with a new game-changing technology that is enabling the future of work? Do you thrive in an environment where you can inspire, grow & develop an already collaborative engineering team that is dedicated to the mission and vision of Tehama?
What will you be doing?
- As a part of Tehama’s Leadership team, the VP of Engineering will partner with other senior leaders across the company to translate technology capabilities into strategic business decisions. You'll build a strong long-term technology strategy that aligns with company strategic plan and influences the overall company direction
- Overseeing architecture design, development and DevOps of Tehama’s cloud SaaS offering by building a reliable, scalable, secure and highly performant technology stack using industry best practices.
- Leading & coach an engineering team locally & globally of developers, user experience designers, project managers and team leaders to ensure successful delivery and drive continuous improvement of product
- Defining a strategy to grow the engineering team locally and globally
- Leading continuous communication & delivery to commitments of sprints by removing roadblocks and increasing the velocity of our teams
- Contributing to and leading the technical architecture strategy for the product and the product evolution
- You will be a leading spokesperson for Tehama in the market and internally
What do we need from you?
While we understand you might not have everything on the list, to be successful you are likely to have skills like
- Extensive engineering management experience in fast-paced agile engineering organizations from start-up to scale.
- Proven experience launching & scaling Enterprise SaaS products; specialization in Virtualization, Cybersecurity, Cloud and SaaS technologies and competitive offerings in the marketplace
- Ability to building, growing, retaining and inspiring a world-class team of client-focused technologists.
- Desire to thrive in a global organization and demonstrate strong global leadership capabilities, exceptional interpersonal, management and communication skills.
- Have a hands-on approach to technical leadership and are skilled in large scale cloud systems architecture.
- Lead an environment of continuous integration cycles of product releases within a within a “compliance-first” environment (security and regulatory standards, including SOC 2, GDPR, OSFI, and FIPS)
- Be a champion a global team culture of continuous learning to improve execution and remove roadblocks that are holding the team back.
- Be responsible for consistently delivering meaningful features, applications and technology solutions that solve business problems by working effectively across the business to influence and create client value
- Drive accountability and metrics ownership to translate strategy into results & empower self-organization and responsibility within your teams.
Established as a business unit of Pythian Inc. and based in Ottawa, ON, Tehama is the fastest, simplest, and most flexible approach to delivering secure and integrated digital end-user computing (EUC) available today. Our service delivery platform enables organizations to easily onboard, manage, and scale their distributed workforce, by providing “ready to work” integrated and secured EUC environments with controlled access and monitoring—connecting new workers in minutes, not months. The result is decreased time to value, decreased operational costs, and a flexible work model that lets you move at the speed of today’s world. Tehama is seeking a Vice President of Engineering who will serve as a leader and technical contributor to the Tehama Team. More than just a job we hire people who love what they do!
- For this job an equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered
- Tehama and Pythian is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- All applicants will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check
- No Recruitment Agencies please