Partner Sales Manager, Microsoft
Location: Chicago | Central US | Remote | Work from Home
Reporting Relationship: Managing Director, North American Sales
As the Partner Sales Manager for Microsoft (Azure focus), you will be responsible for acting as a liaison between the Pythian sales team members who are individual contributors and Microsoft Sales and Sales Engineering. This role will be a quota-carrying role as a Pythian sales team overlay position. The main responsibility of the role will be to build a sales pipeline of MS (Azure) opportunities and help to bring these individual deals to a successful close. While the role will live within the Pythian Sales Department, reporting to MD NA Sales, it will heavily dotted line report to the VP of Business Development, who owns the strategy and relationship for Pythian’s Microsoft partnership, on a daily operational basis.
What will you be doing?
- Opportunity Creation and Participation
- Build relationships with MS Sales team members
- “Live” within the MS ecosystem
- Help both MS and Pythian sales teams identify potential opportunities where Pythian’s services can help to enable applications on/to the Azure platform or to make better use of MS SQL Server, focused on net new to Pythian accounts
- Remain involved in full sales life cycle “cradle to grave”, leading to begin until sales qualified, and supporting regional reps to end/hand off
- Present Pythian services to mutual MS/Pythian clients
- Aid Pythian sales during sales cycle
- Build relationships with key stakeholders among MS/Pythian clients/prospects
- Identify instances where Pythian and/or MS services will contribute to client/prospect’s strategic business and technical initiatives
- Participate in building SOWs, ROMs, and mapping any multi-phase approaches
- After any sale, maintain involvement in connecting the completed work to the outcome, in order to best position Pythian/MS for the next phase of work, as applicable
- Microsoft and Azure
- Become expert in all elements of MS and MS Azure, as they relate to Pythian’s services
- Understand the MS Azure road map
- Become expert in being able to apply MS services to client/prospect strategic initiatives
- Evangelize MS Azure services on behalf of Pythian Sales and Pythian services/capabilities on behalf of MS Sales
- Become expert in all of Pythian’s services to help identify any cross-sell opportunities that may not be related to MS
- Help develop and support strategic activities and initiatives with Pythian Business Development in order to increase Pythian’s stance within MS and its target market
- Understand Pythian’s positioning and services road map
- Other duties as assigned by VP of Business Development related to Pythian’s Microsoft partnership
What do we need from you?
While we understand you might not have everything on the list, to be successful you are likely to have skills such as;
- 5+ years experience in selling Microsoft related IT services, ideally cloud and/or Big Data specific
- Ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building
- Successful history of meeting and exceeding sales quota in an IT selling environment
- Ideally combined background of post-sale and sales experience
- Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Understanding of the growing purpose and role of various public cloud platforms (Azure, AWS and GCP)
- Understanding of the Hadoop/Big Data ecosystem, ideally selling related services
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Deep understanding of current trends in software and cloud deployment options
- Enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Go getter, with can do attitude and strong drive for success
- Proficient in use of Salesforce, and its importance
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree
What do you get in return?
- Competitive total rewards package
- Flexible work environment: Why commute? Work remotely from your home, there’s no daily travel requirement to the office!
- Outstanding people: Collaborate with the industry’s top minds.
- Substantial training allowance: Hone your skills or learn new ones; participate in professional development days, attend conferences, become certified, whatever you like!
- Amazing time off: Start with a minimum 3 weeks vacation, 7 sick days, and 2 professional development days!
- Office Allowance: Device of your choosing for day one and options to personalize your work environment!
- Fun, fun, fun: Blog during work hours; take a day off and volunteer for your favorite charity.
Established in 1997, Pythian is a global IT Data company based in Ottawa, Canada that specializes in designing, implementing, and managing systems that directly contribute to revenue and business success. We help companies adopt disruptive technologies such as advanced analytics, big data, cloud, databases, DevOps and infrastructure management to advance innovation and increase agility. We are focusing on product development leveraging new and exciting technology that will empower our customers through digital transformation. More than just a job we hire people who love what they do!
As a Partner Sales Manager, Microsoft in Chicago, you will be part of our driven Sales team working with our global clients to improve their data infrastructure and enterprise information systems.
Intrigued to see what a job is like at Pythian? Check us out @Pythian and #pythianlife.
Follow @PythianJobs on Twitter and @loveyourdata on Instagram!
Not the right job for you? Check out what other great jobs Pythian has open in the US and around the world! Pythian Careers
- For this job an equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered.
- Pythian is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- The successful applicant will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check.
- All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States of America permanently– Pythian will not sponsor, or file petitions of any kind on behalf of, a foreign worker to become a U.S permanent resident based on a permanent job offer, or to otherwise obtain authorization to work in the U.S.